Background and activities
Consultant anaesthetist and air ambulance physician. Associate professor at Institute of Circulation and Medical Imaging.
Value in health care can be expressed as quality divided by costs.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Improper monitoring and deviations from physiologic treatment goals in patients with brain injury in the early phases of emergency care. Journal of clinical monitoring and computing.
- (2020) Pediatric hypothermic submersion incident – should we do chest compressions on a beating heart?. Scandinavian Journal of Trauma, Resuscitation and Emergency Medicine.
- (2020) Mortality and quality of care in Nordic physician-staffed emergency medical services. Scandinavian Journal of Trauma, Resuscitation and Emergency Medicine.
- (2020) Prehospital Stressors: A Cross-sectional Study of Norwegian Helicopter Emergency Medical Physicians. Air Medical Journal.
- (2020) Developing Quality Indicators for Helicopter Emergency Medical Services Coordination in Norwegian Emergency Medical Communication Centrals: A Consensus Process. Air Medical Journal. vol. 40.
- (2020) Data quality of Glasgow Coma Scale and Systolic Blood Pressure in scientific studies involving physician-staffed emergency medical services: Systematic review. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. vol. 64 (7).
- (2020) Template for documenting and reporting data in physician-staffed pre-hospital services: a consensus-based update. Scandinavian Journal of Trauma, Resuscitation and Emergency Medicine. vol. 28.
- (2020) Assignment of pre-event ASA physical status classification by pre-hospital physicians: A prospective inter-rater reliability study. BMC Anesthesiology. vol. 20 (1).
- (2019) Feasibility of Pre-Hospital Resuscitative Endovascular Balloon Occlusion of the Aorta in Non-Traumatic Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest. Journal of the American Heart Association (JAHA). vol. 8 (22).
- (2019) Resuscitative endovascular balloon occlusion of the aorta (REBOA) in non-traumatic out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: Evaluation of an educational programme. BMJ Open. vol. 9:e027980 (5).
- (2019) Testing quality indicators and proposing benchmarks for physician-staffed emergency medical services: a prospective Nordic multicentre study. BMJ Open. vol. 9.
- (2019) Checklists in pre-hospital advanced airway management. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica.
- (2019) Epidemiology of paediatric trauma in Norway: a single-trauma centre observational study. International Journal of Emergency Medicine. vol. 12 (1).
- (2019) Search and Rescue and Remote Medical Evacuation in a Norwegian Setting: Comparison of Two Systems. Wilderness & environmental medicine (Print). vol. 30 (2).
- (2019) Collecting core data in physician-staffed pre-hospital helicopter emergency medical services using a consensus-based template: international multicentre feasibility study in Finland and Norway. BMC Health Services Research. vol. 19.
- (2018) Pre-hospital advanced airway management by anaesthetist and nurse anaesthetist critical care teams: a prospective observational study of 2028 pre-hospital tracheal intubations. British Journal of Anaesthesia. vol. 120 (5).
- (2018) Quality measurement in physician-staffed emergency medical services: a systematic literature review. International Journal for Quality in Health Care. vol. 31 (1).
- (2018) Physician-provided prehospital critical care, effect on patient physiology dynamics and on-scene time. European journal of emergency medicine. vol. 25 (2).
- (2018) Inter-disciplinary cooperation in a physician-staffed emergency medical system. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. vol. 62 (7).
- (2018) Standardised data reporting from pre-hospital advanced airway management - a nominal group technique update of the Utstein-style airway template. Scandinavian Journal of Trauma, Resuscitation and Emergency Medicine. vol. 26 (46).