Background and activities
Medical microbiologist. Infection control consultant at St.Olavs University Hospital. Fields of interest: infection control and hospital epidemiology, multiresistant bacteria, group B streptococci.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Ventilation design conditions associated with airborne bacteria levels within the wound area during surgical procedures: a systematic review. Journal of Hospital Infection. vol. 113.
- (2021) Applying Unsterile Microporous Tape onto Surgical Wounds: Tape Contamination and Clinical Rationale. Plastic and reconstructive surgery. Global open. vol. 9 (6).
- (2021) Can clothing systems and human activities in operating rooms with mixing ventilation systems help achieve 10 CFU/m3 level during orthopaedic surgeries?. Journal of Hospital Infection.
- (2019) Laminar airflow and mixing ventilation: Which is better for operating room airflow distribution near an orthopedic surgical patient?. American Journal of Infection Control. vol. 47 (7).
- (2019) Comparison of laminar and mixing airflow pattern in operating rooms of a Norwegian hospital. REHVA European HVAC Journal. vol. 57 (6).
- (2018) Investigation of an outbreak caused by antibiotic susceptible Klebsiella oxytoca in a neonatal intensive care unit in Norway. Acta Paediatrica.
- (2017) Molecular characteristics of Streptococcus agalactiae strains deficient in alpha-like protein encoding genes. Journal of Medical Microbiology. vol. 66 (1).
- (2016) Silenced vanA gene cluster on a transferable plasmid cause outbreak of vancomycin variable enterococci. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy. vol. 60 (7).
- (2015) Comparison of PCR and serotyping of Group B Streptococcus in pregnant women: The Oslo GBS-study. Journal of Microbiological Methods. vol. 108.
- (2015) Survey of immunological features of the alpha-like-proteins (Alp) of Streptococcus agalactiae. Clinical and Vaccine Immunology. vol. 22 (2).
- (2013) Novel Aspects of the Z and R3 Antigens of Streptococcus agalactiae Revealed by Immunological Testing. Clinical and Vaccine Immunology. vol. 20 (4).
- (2012) Multiple-locus variant-repeat assay (MLVA) is a useful tool for molecular epidemiologic analysis of Streptococcus agalactiae strains causing bovine mastitis. Veterinary Microbiology. vol. 157 (3-4).
- (2011) International External Quality Assurance for Laboratory Identification and Typing of Streptococcus agalactiae (Group B Streptococci). Journal of Clinical Microbiology. vol. 49 (4).
- (2011) Streptococcus agalactiae Alpha-Like Protein 1 Possesses Both Cross-Reacting and Alp1-Specific Epitopes. Clinical and Vaccine Immunology. vol. 18 (8).
- (2010) Rapid multiple-locus variant-repeat assay (MLVA) for genotyping of Streptococcus agalactiae. Journal of Clinical Microbiology. vol. 48 (7).
- (2009) Molecular and phenotypic characterization of invasive group B streptococcus strains from infants in Norway 2006-2007. Clinical Microbiology and Infection (CMI). vol. 15 (12).
- (2009) Identification of surface proteins of group B streptococci: Serotyping versus genotyping. Journal of Microbiological Methods. vol. 78 (3).
- (2005) Metapneumovirus - virologiske og diagnostiske aspekter. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. vol. 125.
- (2005) Metapneumonivirus – forekomst og klinisk betydning. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. vol. 125.
- (2004) Outbreak of human metapneumovirus infection in norwegian children. The Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal. vol. 23 (5).