Background and activities
I work with communication and web development at NTNU University Library (50%) and with service design and events at the Medicine and Health Library (50%). Together with Anne L. Lorange, I lead the UX forum at the University Library - an arena for academic replenishment and exchange of experience in user-oriented service development. I am currently involved as a communications consultant for the library in the Helgasetr project (2021-2023), which involves moving Tungasletta Library down to the Medicine and Health Library at Øya.
- Web contact at the University Library (with Marit Brodshaug), maintenance and development of websites
- Ongoing communication, news and social media
- User-oriented development of library services (UX design)
- Marketing, events and exhibitions at the Medicine and Health Library
Please contact us if you have ideas for og want to collaborate on events and exhibitions in the library.
I am a member of the research group for Graphic Literature at NTNU, with a special interest in graphic medicine as a resource for medicine and health sciences.
2010-2014: PhD research fellow in Interdisciplinary Cultural Studies, HF, NTNU, 20% administrative work:
- Administrative support for the project manager, including planning and implementation of workshops, PhD courses, conferences and film project
- Responsibility for project blog and communication/engagement
- Planning and conducting an exhibition in collaboration with Babel exhibition room for art
2008-2009: University lecturer (temporary position), Department of Art and Media Studies, HF, NTNU.
2001-2008 Research Assistant, Department of Art and Media Studies, HF, NTNU.
- Assistant seminar and conferences
- Web pages for the focus area Performativity
- House photographer
2007-2010: Freelance art critic, writer and curator. Assignments for:
- Visual art
- Artscene Trondheim
- Babel exhibition room for art, Trondheim
- Trondheim muncipality (art in public space)
Between art and science: Renderings of the body in contemporary exhibitions (NFR, KULVER 2010-2014)
My aim in this project is to explore how the material discursive borders of art and science are drawn, negotiated and redrawn, in contemporary exhibitions about the body's microcosm. The body does not only figure as representation in contemporary exhibitions, it also becomes present as a bodily subject exploring the exhibition in space and time. In addition to analysing the scientific and artistic renderings of the body, my aim is therefore also to critically examine the staging of different subject positions implicit in the exhibition designs. Theoretically the project is mainly inspired by science and technology studies (STS) and feminist studies of visual culture.
The project was part of Inside out. New Images and Imaginations of the Body (scroll down for English description) led by Prof. Merete Lie (2010-2014), Department of Interdisciplinary Studies of Culture, NTNU.
Visit the research project blog for publications and events archives.
2020- Program committee member, VIRAK library conference 2022, NTNU University Library.
2018-19 Board member of the Norwegian Professional Library Association, dept. Trondheim (NFF/T).
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2013) Making sense of Nordicness, or making Nordicness?. Nordic Journal of Science and Technology Studies. vol. 1 (1).
- (2013) Vitenskapens forførende estetikk. Gemini.
- (2012) Livlige materialer og affektive kretsløp. ArtSceneTrondheim.
- (2009) Refleksjon over vårt forhold til dyr. Billedkunst. vol. 2.
- (2012) Det gode, det sanne, og det skjønne - en film om vitenskapelige bilder. Det gode, det sanne, og det skjønne - en film om vitenskapelige bilder
- (2008) Generator: ni kunstinngrep i Trondheims offentlige rom. 2008. ISBN 978-82-997847-0-2.
Part of book/report
- (2013) Celebrating science, awarding images: The aesthetics and aestheticization of scientific images in the Wellcome Image Awards. Assigning Cultural Values.
- (2008) ”Stedbundne minner – Frøydis Lindéns prosjekt Hvor kommer du fra?”. Generator: ni kunstinngrep i Trondheims offentlige rom.
- (2007) Den postmoderne kroppen - mellom mytologi og teknologi. 2007.
- (2017) Samarbeid mellom kunstner og dyr i teknovitenskapens tidsalder. Mennesket mellom ”dyr” og roboter - to foredrag og en diskusjon . Trondheim Kunsthall; Trondheim. 2017-12-05 - 2017-12-05.
- (2017) Graphic medicine – improving education and patient-doctor communication. ICML + EAHIL 2017 . ICML og EAHIL; Dublin. 2017-06-12 - 2017-06-16.
- (2016) Medical students and textbooks as e-books - a survey. 15th EAHIL Conference . European Association for Health Information and Libraries; Sevilla. 2016-06-06 - 2016-06-11.
- (2016) Room for new knowledge? User perspectives on the library as space and place. EAHIL 2016 . EAHIL; Sevilla. 2016-06-06 - 2016-06-11.
- (2015) Imagining the brain by engaging the body - Artistic strategies and affective encounters in contemporary science exhibitions. Nordic STS Conference . Aalborg University; København. 2015-05-27 - 2015-05-29.
- (2014) Between art and science: renderings of the body in contemporary exhibitions. Closing conference: Medical imaging across art and science . Picturing the brain & Inside out; Dokkhuset. 2014-09-03 - 2014-09-04.
- (2014) Medisinske teknologier: Estetikk. Det anatomiske teater 2014 . Inside out/Picturing the brain/Kosmorama internasjonale filmfestival; Nova kinosenter. 2014-05-02 - 2014-05-02.
- (2014) Spektakulære bilder fra kroppens innside. Bioteknologiens tidsalder: 12 smakebiter . Bioteknologinemda; Samfundet, Trondheim. 2014-02-11.
- (2014) Operating Fields: Medical Imaging Across Art and Science. Art exhibition with Christina Lammer (AT), Andrew Carnie (UK) and Jordi Puig (ES/NO) [Kunstnerisk og museal presentasjon] . NTNU and Babel Visningsrom for kunst; Trondheim. 2014-08-29 - 2014-09-07.
- (2014) Det anatomiske teater 2014. Seminar i samarbeid med Cinemateket i Trondheim og Kosmorama filmfestival [Kunstnerisk og museal presentasjon] . NTNU, Cinemateket i Trondheim og Kosmorama filmfestival; Trondheim. 2014-05-02.
- (2013) Between science, new age and art: EEG biofeedback in the installation Wave UFO. 4S annual meeting . 4S Society; San Diego. 2013-10-09 - 2013-10-12.
- (2013) Infrastructures for interspecies communication and co-habitation. Humanimals: Examining Histories and Productions of Animal-Human Relationships . TIK/KULTRANS, UiO; Oslo. 2013-09-26 - 2013-09-27.
- Library and information science
- History of ideas
- Cultural studies
- Art history
- Women's and gender studies
- Media studies and journalism
- Dissemination of science
- Contemporary art
- Museum Studies
- Visual culture
- Art and Science
- Media Aesthetics
- UX Design
- Public engagement
- Graphic medicine
- Graphic facilitation
- Science and Technology Studies