Background and activities
My main tasks are to market the facilities and services at the Medicine and Health Library, and to further develop the physical premises of the library into an interdisciplinary arena for students and staff. Contact me if you have ideas for events or exhibitions in the library.
I coordinate the UX-forum at the library together with Anne Lorange. UX = user experience! Our aim is to increase awareness of the importance of involving users in the development of library services, to share experiences across sections of the library and to learn new methods and tools.
- User-oriented library development (UX library design)
- Communication and engagement
- Web pages and social media (Member of the Web team)
- Exhibitions and events in the library
Between art and science: Renderings of the body in contemporary exhibitions (NFR, KULVER 2010-2014)
My aim in this project is to explore how the material discursive borders of art and science are drawn, negotiated and redrawn, in contemporary exhibitions about the body's microcosm. The body does not only figure as representation in contemporary exhibitions, it also becomes present as a bodily subject exploring the exhibition in space and time. In addition to analysing the scientific and artistic renderings of the body, my aim is therefore also to critically examine the staging of different subject positions implicit in the exhibition designs. Theoretically the project is mainly inspired by science and technology studies (STS) and feminist studies of visual culture.
The project was part of Inside out. New Images and Imaginations of the Body (scroll down for English description) led by Prof. Merete Lie (2010-2014), Department of Interdisciplinary Studies of Culture, NTNU.
Visit the research project blog for publications and events archives.
Cultural perspectives on science and medicine; Science and Technology Studies (STS); Politics and culture of displays/exhibitions; Museums; Aesthetics; Contemporary art
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2013) Making sense of Nordicness, or making Nordicness?. Nordic Journal of Science and Technology Studies. vol. 1 (1).
- (2013) Vitenskapens forførende estetikk. Gemini.
- (2009) Refleksjon over vårt forhold til dyr. Billedkunst. vol. 2.
- (2012) Det gode, det sanne, og det skjønne - en film om vitenskapelige bilder. Det gode, det sanne, og det skjønne - en film om vitenskapelige bilder
- (2008) Generator: ni kunstinngrep i Trondheims offentlige rom. 2008. ISBN 978-82-997847-0-2.
Part of book/report
- (2013) Celebrating science, awarding images: The aesthetics and aestheticization of scientific images in the Wellcome Image Awards. Assigning Cultural Values.
- (2008) ”Stedbundne minner – Frøydis Lindéns prosjekt Hvor kommer du fra?”. Generator: ni kunstinngrep i Trondheims offentlige rom.
- (2007) Den postmoderne kroppen - mellom mytologi og teknologi. 2007.
- (2017) Samarbeid mellom kunstner og dyr i teknovitenskapens tidsalder. Mennesket mellom ”dyr” og roboter - to foredrag og en diskusjon . Trondheim Kunsthall; Trondheim. 2017-12-05 - 2017-12-05.
- (2017) Graphic medicine – improving education and patient-doctor communication. ICML + EAHIL 2017 . ICML og EAHIL; Dublin. 2017-06-12 - 2017-06-16.
- (2016) Medical students and textbooks as e-books - a survey. 15th EAHIL Conference . European Association for Health Information and Libraries; Sevilla. 2016-06-06 - 2016-06-11.
- (2016) Room for new knowledge? User perspectives on the library as space and place. EAHIL 2016 . EAHIL; Sevilla. 2016-06-06 - 2016-06-11.
- (2015) Imagining the brain by engaging the body - Artistic strategies and affective encounters in contemporary science exhibitions. Nordic STS Conference . Aalborg University; København. 2015-05-27 - 2015-05-29.
- (2014) Between art and science: renderings of the body in contemporary exhibitions. Closing conference: Medical imaging across art and science . Picturing the brain & Inside out; Dokkhuset. 2014-09-03 - 2014-09-04.
- (2014) Medisinske teknologier: Estetikk. Det anatomiske teater 2014 . Inside out/Picturing the brain/Kosmorama internasjonale filmfestival; Nova kinosenter. 2014-05-02 - 2014-05-02.
- (2014) Spektakulære bilder fra kroppens innside. Bioteknologiens tidsalder: 12 smakebiter . Bioteknologinemda; Samfundet, Trondheim. 2014-02-11.
- (2014) Operating Fields: Medical Imaging Across Art and Science. Art exhibition with Christina Lammer (AT), Andrew Carnie (UK) and Jordi Puig (ES/NO) [Kunstnerisk og museal presentasjon] . NTNU and Babel Visningsrom for kunst; Trondheim. 2014-08-29 - 2014-09-07.
- (2014) Det anatomiske teater 2014. Seminar i samarbeid med Cinemateket i Trondheim og Kosmorama filmfestival [Kunstnerisk og museal presentasjon] . NTNU, Cinemateket i Trondheim og Kosmorama filmfestival; Trondheim. 2014-05-02.
- (2013) Between science, new age and art: EEG biofeedback in the installation Wave UFO. 4S annual meeting . 4S Society; San Diego. 2013-10-09 - 2013-10-12.
- (2013) Infrastructures for interspecies communication and co-habitation. Humanimals: Examining Histories and Productions of Animal-Human Relationships . TIK/KULTRANS, UiO; Oslo. 2013-09-26 - 2013-09-27.
- Film studies
- History of ideas
- Cultural studies
- Art history
- Women's and gender studies
- Media studies and journalism
- Dissemination of science
- Contemporary art
- Museum Studies
- Visual culture
- Art and Science
- Media Aesthetics
- UX Design
- Public engagement
- Graphic medicine
- Graphic facilitation