Background and activities
Rector is the head of NTNU's academic and administrative activities.
Contact at email email@example.com
Anne Borg was appointed as Rector at NTNU 13 December 2019.
Anne Borg was Acting Rector at NTNU 21 August 2019–12 December 2019. She was Pro-Rector for Education at NTNU 1 August 2017–20 August 2019. She was Dean at the Faculty of Natural Sciences 1 August, 2013 - 31 July, 2017 and Vice Dean for Education at the faculty 2005-2013. Anne Borg is a professor in condensed matter physics since 1998 at the Department of Physics. She is honorary doctor at Lund University from 2018.
Anne Borg (born 1958) has an MSc (sivilingeniør) in Applied Physics from NTH (1982) and a PhD in Physics from NTH (1988).
- Surface Physics
- Materials Physics
- Scanning probe microscopy
- Photoemission Spectroscopy
- Density functional theory
- The Norwegian Physical Society (President 2004-2007)
- The Royal Norwegian Academy of Sciences and Letters (DKNVS)
- Norwegian Academy of Technical Sciences (NTVA)
- Committees of the Swedish Research Council, 2001-2013
- Member of the IUPAP Working Group on Women in Physics, 2004-2011
- Board member of Norwegian Academy of Technical Sciences (NTVA), 2005-2006
- Board member, MAX-lab, the Swedish National Synchrotron Facility, Lund, Sweden, 2006-2010
- Board member, the Abel Board, 2010-2018
- Board member, DNKVS, 2016-2018
- Board member, Sit, since 2017
- Chair of Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC) at MAX IV, since 2017
For more information, click CV under contact information.
Management and administration at NTNU
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) First layer water phases on anatase TiO2(101). Surface Science. vol. 674.
- (2018) Defect-Induced Water Bilayer Growth on Anatase TiO2(101). Langmuir. vol. 34 (37).
- (2018) Effects of K adsorption on the CO-induced restructuring of Co(11-20). Catalysis Today. vol. 299.
- (2017) Oxidation and Reduction of TiOx Thin Films on Pd(111) and Pd(100). Journal of Physical Chemistry B. vol. 122 (2).
- (2017) Adsorption and photolysis of trimethyl acetate on TiO2(B)(001) studied with synchrotron radiation core level photoelectron spectroscopy. Surface Science. vol. 666.
- (2017) Near Ambient Pressure XPS Investigation of CO Oxidation Over Pd3Au(100). Topics in catalysis. vol. 60 (17-18).
- (2016) TiOx thin films grown on Pd(100) and Pd(111) by chemical vapor deposition. Surface Science. vol. 649.
- (2016) Reversed Hysteresis during CO Oxidation over Pd75Ag25(100). ACS Catalysis. vol. 6.
- (2016) Photochemistry of Carboxylate on TiO2(110) Studied with Synchrotron Radiation Photoelectron Spectroscopy. Langmuir. vol. 32 (44).
- (2015) Water Adsorption on TiOx Thin Films Grown on Au(111). Journal of Physical Chemistry C. vol. 119 (12).
- (2015) Growth of TiO2(B)(001) on Au(111) by chemical vapor deposition. Surface Science. vol. 633.
- (2015) Thickness dependent effects of solubility and surface phenomena on the hydrogen transport properties of sputtered Pd77%Ag23% thin film membranes. Journal of Membrane Science. vol. 476.
- (2014) H2 reduction of surface oxides on Pd-based membrane model systems - The case of Pd(100) and Pd75Ag25(100). Applied Surface Science. vol. 313.
- (2014) Reduction Behavior of Oxidized Pd(100) and Pd75Ag25(100) Surfaces Using CO. Surface Science. vol. 621.
- (2014) A high pressure x-ray photoelectron spectroscopy study of CO oxidation over Rh(100). Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter. vol. 26 (5:055003).
- (2014) Competing water dissociation channels on rutile TiO2(110). Surface Science. vol. 621.
- (2014) Photoemission studies of water dissociation on rutile TiO2(110): Aspects on experimental procedures and the influence of steps. Applied Surface Science. vol. 303.
- (2013) A Molecular Mechanism for the Water-Hydroxyl Balance during Wetting of TiO2. Journal of Physical Chemistry C. vol. 117 (33).
- (2013) Generation and oxidation of aerosol deposited PdAg nanoparticles. Surface Science. vol. 616.
- (2013) In situ X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy of Model Catalysts: At the Edge of the Gap. Physical Review Letters. vol. 110 (11).