Background and activities
Milestones in Scientific Career
- 1993: Master of Science in Applied Mathematics, St. Petersburg State University, Russia. Supervisor: Professor A.S. Matveev;
- 1997: PhD in Applied Mathematics, Dept. of Theoretical Cybernetics, St. Petersburg State University, Russia. Supervisor: Professor V.A. Yakubovich
- 1998-99: Postdoctoral fellow, Dept. of Engineering Cybernetics, NTNU, Trondheim, Norway, 1998 - 1999.
- 2000-2003: Assistant and Associate Professor at the Maersk Mc-Kinney Møller Institute for Production Technology, University of Southern Denmark, Odense.
- 2003: A.Shiriaev was ranked the number 1 among 25 candidates for the position of Research Associate of the 1st Class (CR 1) at the open 2003 concurs of Centre National de la Recherché Scientifique (CNRS, France), the section: informatics, automation and signal processing
- Since September 2003: Professor (full time) at the Department of Applied Physics and Electronics, Umeå University, Umea, Sweden
- Since August 2009: Professor (full time) at the Department of Engineering Cybernetics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Underactuated mechanical systems: Whether orbital stabilization is an adequate assignment for a controller design?. IFAC-PapersOnLine.
- (2020) On excessive transverse coordinates for orbital stabilization of periodic motions. IFAC-PapersOnLine.
- (2019) Model orbit output feedback tracking of underactuated mechanical systems with actuator dynamics. International Journal of Control. vol. 93 (2).
- (2019) On Leonov's method for computing linearization of transverse dynamics and analyzing Zhukovsky stability. Vestnik St. Petersburg University: Mathematics. vol. 52 (4).
- (2018) Consistent kinematics and dynamics calibration of lightweight redundant industrial manipulators. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. vol. 101 (1-4).
- (2018) New Results on Trajectory Planning for Underactuated Mechanical Systems with Singularities in Dynamics of a Motion Generator. IEEE Conference on Decision and Control. Proceedings.
- (2017) Refining Dynamics Identification for Co-Bots: Case Study on KUKA LWR4+. IFAC-PapersOnLine.
- (2017) On Orbital Stabilization for Industrial Manipulators: Case Study in Evaluating Performances of Modified PD+ and Inverse Dynamics Controllers. IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology. vol. 25 (1).
- (2017) Shaping Stable Oscillation of a Pendulum on a Cart around the Horizontal. IFAC-PapersOnLine.
- (2016) SDP-based approximation of stabilising solutions for periodic matrix Riccati differential equations. International Journal of Control. vol. 89 (7).
- (2016) Observer-based strictly positive real (SPR) variable structure output feedback control. Journal of the Franklin Institute. vol. 353 (16).
- (2016) Planning Longest Pitch Trajectories for Compliant Serial Manipulators. IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems. Proceedings.
- (2016) Algorithms for finding gaits of locomotive mechanisms: case studies for Gorilla robot brachiation. Autonomous Robots. vol. 40.
- (2015) О МОДИФИКАЦИИ PD+ РЕГУЛЯТОРА ДЛЯ ОРБИТАЛЬНОЙ СТАБИЛИЗАЦИИ ДВИЖЕНИЙ ПОЛНОПРИВОДНОЙ МЕХАНИЧЕСКОЙ СИСТЕМЫ. Прикладная математика и механика. vol. 79 (6).
- (2015) Optimising configurations of KUKA LWR4+ manipulator for calibration with optical CMM. Mechanisms and Machine Science. vol. 33.
- (2015) Robot kinematics identification: KUKA LWR4+ redundant manipulator example. Journal of Physics: Conference Series (JPCS). vol. 659:012011.
- (2015) Path-constrained motion analysis: An algorithm to understand human performance on hydraulic manipulators. IEEE Transactions on Human-Machine Systems. vol. 45 (2).
- (2015) A dynamic human motion: coordination analysis. Biological cybernetics. vol. 109 (1).
- (2015) Sufficient conditions for dynamic stabilization of 3-state Moore-Greitzer compressor model. IEEE Conference on Decision and Control. Proceedings. vol. 2016-February.
- (2015) IQC Arguments for Analysis of the 3-State Moore-Greitzer Compressor System. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 48 (11).