Arne Kristian Sandvik
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Mucosal 5-aminosalicylic acid concentration, drug formulation and mucosal microbiome in patients with quiescent ulcerative colitis. Alimentary Pharmacology and Therapeutics. vol. 49 (10).
- (2019) Ulcer-associated cell lineage expresses genes involved in regeneration and is hallmarked by high neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin (NGAL) levels. Journal of Pathology. vol. 248.
- (2018) Recurrent attacks of acute hepatic porphyria: major role of the chronic inflammatory response in the liver. Journal of Internal Medicine. vol. 284 (1).
- (2018) C-C Motif Ligand 20 (CCL20) and C-C Motif Chemokine Receptor 6 (CCR6) in Human Peripheral Blood Mononuclear Cells: Dysregulated in Ulcerative Colitis and a Potential Role for CCL20 in IL-1β Release. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. vol. 19 (10).
- (2018) Expression of neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin (NGAL) in the gut in Crohn's disease. Cell and Tissue Research. vol. 374 (2).
- (2018) Not only stem cells, but also mature cells, particularly neuroendocrine cells, may develop into tumours: time for a paradigm shift. Therapeutic Advances in Gastroenterology. vol. 11.
- (2018) Tu1753 - type 1 Interferon Signaling in Intestinal Epithelial Cells During Active Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Gastroenterology. vol. 154 (6).
- (2017) Gammadelta T cells in Crohn's disease: a new player in the disease pathogenesis?. Journal - Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of Canada.
- (2017) Expression of the cholecystokinin-B receptor in neoplastic gastric cells. Hormones & cancer. vol. 9.
- (2017) Fecal neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin as a biomarker for inflammatory bowel disease. Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology. vol. 32 (1).
- (2017) The cytoprotective protein clusterin is overexpressed in hypergastrinemic rodent models of oxyntic preneoplasia and promotes gastric cancer cell survival. PLOS ONE. vol. 12 (9).
- (2016) Skeletal effects of a gastrin receptor antagonist in H+/K+ATPase beta subunit KO mice. Journal of Endocrinology. vol. 230 (2).
- (2016) Connective tissue growth factor is activated by gastrin and involved in gastrin-induced migration and invasion. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications - BBRC. vol. 475 (1).
- (2016) Cellular localization of guanylin and uroguanylin mRNAs in human and rat duodenal and colonic mucosa. Cell and Tissue Research. vol. 365 (2).
- (2015) The guanylate cyclase-C signaling pathway is down-regulated in inflammatory bowel disease. Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology. vol. 50 (10).
- (2015) Hypergastrinemia is associated with adenocarcinomas in the gastric corpus and shorter patient survival. Acta Pathologica, Microbiologica et Immunologica Scandinavica (APMIS). vol. 123 (6).
- (2015) A novel POLE mutation associated with cancers of colon, pancreas, ovaries and small intestine. Familial Cancer. vol. 14 (3).
- (2015) A novel POLE variant, identified by exome sequencing, causes colorectal- and extra-colonic cancers. Familial Cancer. vol. 14 (1).
- (2015) BRAF V600E mutation in early-stage multiple myeloma: good response to broad acting drugs and no relation to prognosis. Blood Cancer Journal. vol. 5:e299 (3).
- (2015) Expression of CCL20 and its corresponding receptor CCR6 is enhanced in active inflammatory bowel disease, and TLR3 mediates CCL20 expression in colonic epithelial cells. PLOS ONE. vol. 10:e0141710 (11).