Background and activities
In autonomous ship operations, the control system needs to take over tasks that are traditionally performed by the operator, which introduces additional dynamics in the control loop. Research topics include:
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Online wave estimation using vessel motion measurements. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 51 (29).
- (2018) Sea state estimation using vessel response in dynamic positioning. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 70.
- (2018) Hybrid controller concept for dynamic positioning of marine vessels with experimental results. Automatica. vol. 93.
- (2018) Response predictions using the observed autocorrelation function. Marine Structures. vol. 58.
- (2018) A brute-force spectral approach for wave estimation using measured vessel motions. Marine Structures. vol. 60.
- (2017) Time-Varying Model-Based Observer for Marine Surface Vessels in Dynamic Positioning. IEEE Access. vol. 5.
- (2017) AMOS DP Research Cruise 2016: Academic full-scale testing of experimental dynamic positioning control algorithms onboard R/V Gunnerus. ASME 2017 36th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering - Volume 1: Offshore Technology.
- (2016) Hybrid Observer Combining Measurements of Different Fidelities. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (23).
- (2016) Hybrid observer for improved transient performance of a marine vessel in dynamic positioning. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (18).
- (2016) Comparing Controllers for Dynamic Positioning of Ships in Extreme Seas. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (23).
- (2016) An Output Feedback Controller with Improved Transient Response of Marine Vessels in Dynamic Positioning. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (23).
- (2016) Evaluation of Shipboard Wave Estimation Techniques Through Model-scale Experiments. OCEANS 2016 Shanghai - MTS/IEEE.
- (2015) Sea state estimation using model-scale DP measurements. OCEANS'15 MTS/IEEE Washington, Washington DC, 19-22 October, 2015.
- (2015) Sensor-based Hybrid Observer for Dynamic Positioning. CDC 2015 - 54th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Proceedings.
- (2014) Increasing the Operation Window of Dynamic Positioned Vessels Using the Concept of Hybrid Control. ASME 2014 33rd International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering Volume 1A: Offshore Technology San Francisco, California, USA, June 8–13, 2014.