Background and activities
My research focuses on applying hybrid systems theory to marine control systems in order to improve the overall performance of a vessel in DP. My main research interests are hybrid control theory, observers, sea state estimation, and mathematical modeling.
Supervisor: Asgeir J. Sørensen
Co-supervisor: Andrew R. Teel, Ulrik D. Nielsen
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Sea state estimation using vessel response in dynamic positioning. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 70.
- (2018) Response predictions using the observed autocorrelation function. Marine Structures. vol. 58.
- (2017) Time-Varying Model-Based Observer for Marine Surface Vessels in Dynamic Positioning. IEEE Access. vol. 5.
- (2017) AMOS DP Research Cruise 2016: Academic full-scale testing of experimental dynamic positioning control algorithms onboard R/V Gunnerus. ASME 2017 36th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering - Volume 1: Offshore Technology.
- (2016) Hybrid Observer Combining Measurements of Different Fidelities. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (23).
- (2016) Hybrid observer for improved transient performance of a marine vessel in dynamic positioning. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (18).
- (2016) Comparing Controllers for Dynamic Positioning of Ships in Extreme Seas. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (23).
- (2016) An Output Feedback Controller with Improved Transient Response of Marine Vessels in Dynamic Positioning. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (23).
- (2016) Evaluation of Shipboard Wave Estimation Techniques Through Model-scale Experiments. OCEANS 2016 Shanghai - MTS/IEEE.
- (2015) Sea state estimation using model-scale DP measurements. OCEANS'15 MTS/IEEE Washington, Washington DC, 19-22 October, 2015.
- (2015) Sensor-based Hybrid Observer for Dynamic Positioning. CDC 2015 - 54th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Proceedings.
- (2014) Increasing the Operation Window of Dynamic Positioned Vessels Using the Concept of Hybrid Control. ASME 2014 33rd International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering Volume 1A: Offshore Technology San Francisco, California, USA, June 8–13, 2014.