Background and activities
Ben Toscher is a PhD research fellow at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology. As a member of SFU Engage, a research center dedicated to engaged education through entrepreneurship, Ben researches arts entrepreneurship education -- entrepreneurial learning and entrepreneurship education in the contexts of higher music education and arts education. His work has been published in international peer-reviewed journals such as Artivate: A Journal of Entrepreneurship in the Arts, The Journal of Arts Management, Law, and Society, The International Journal of Education and the Arts, and Social Enterprise Journal.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2020) The Skills and Knowledge Gap in Higher Music Education: An Exploratory Empirical Study. International Journal of Education and the Arts. vol. 21 (10).
- (2020) Get Give Make Live: An Empirical Comparative Study of Motivations for Technology, Youth and Arts Entrepreneurship. Social Enterprise Journal. vol. 16 (2).
- (2019) Music Students’ Definitions, Evaluations, and Rationalizations of Entrepreneurship. The Journal of Arts Management, Law, and Society. vol. 49 (6).
- (2019) Entrepreneurial Learning in Arts Entrepreneurship Education: A Conceptual Framework. Artivate: A Journal of Entrepreneurship in the Arts. vol. 8 (1).
Part of book/report
- (2019) An analysis of Core Competence and Unique Value Proposition as normative entrepreneurship elements. 2019 IEEE International Conference on Engineering, Technology and Innovation (ICE/ITMC).