Background and activities
Bachelor of Business Administration, University of Texas at Austin - 2008
Master of Business & Economics (Renewable Energy Technology & Environmental Management), University of Jyvaskyla, Finland - 2011
Ben Toscher is currently a PhD research fellow at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology. As a member of SFU Engage, a research center dedicated to engaged education through entrepreneurship, Ben researches arts entrepreneurship education -- entrepreneurial learning and entrepreneurship education in the contexts of higher music education and arts education. His work has been published in international peer-reviewed journals such as Artivate: A Journal of Entrepreneurship in the Arts, The Journal of Arts Management, Law, and Society, The International Journal of Education and the Arts, and Social Enterprise Journal.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Music Teachers’ and Administrators’ Perspectives on Entrepreneurship in Norwegian Higher Music Education: An Exploratory Pilot Study. Higher Education as Context for Music Pedagogy Research.
- (2020) Blank Canvas: Explorative Behavior and Personal Agency in Arts Entrepreneurship Education. Artivate: A Journal of Entrepreneurship in the Arts. vol. 9 (2).
- (2020) The Skills and Knowledge Gap in Higher Music Education: An Exploratory Empirical Study. International Journal of Education and the Arts. vol. 21 (10).
- (2020) Get Give Make Live: An Empirical Comparative Study of Motivations for Technology, Youth and Arts Entrepreneurship. Social Enterprise Journal. vol. 16 (2).
- (2019) An analysis of Core Competence and Unique Value Proposition as normative entrepreneurship elements. 2019 IEEE International Conference on Engineering, Technology and Innovation (ICE/ITMC).
- (2019) Music Students’ Definitions, Evaluations, and Rationalizations of Entrepreneurship. The Journal of Arts Management, Law, and Society. vol. 49 (6).
- (2019) Entrepreneurial Learning in Arts Entrepreneurship Education: A Conceptual Framework. Artivate: A Journal of Entrepreneurship in the Arts. vol. 8 (1).