Background and activities
Bicheng Gao finished his master's degree in Chemical Engineering at NTNU in 2010 and worked as a lab engineer at Ugelstad Laboratory between 2010 and 2019. He worked on both routine analyses and research projects.
In October 2019, Bicheng started to work as a staff engineer in Department of Chemistry. He works as a tech support for laboratory including instrument maintenance, instrument training, teaching duties and so on.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Demulsification of crude oil emulsions tracked by pulsed field gradient NMR. Part II: Influence of chemical demulsifiers in external AC electric field. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects. vol. 586.
- (2020) Influence of Asphaltenes on Gelation of Tetrameric Acid with Calcium Ion at the Oil/Water Interface under Flow-Model Condition. Energy & Fuels. vol. 34 (5).
- (2019) Rheological Properties of Gels Formed at the Oil−Water Interface by the Reaction between Tetrameric Acid and Calcium Ion under Flow Conditions and at the Batch Scale. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research. vol. 58 (34).
- (2016) Asphaltene fractionation based on adsorption onto calcium carbonate: Part 1. Characterization of sub-fractions and QCM-D measurements. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects. vol. 495.
- (2015) Interfacial Shear Rheology of Gels Formed at the Oil/Water Interface by Tetrameric Acid and Calcium Ion: Influence of Tetrameric Acid Structure and Oil Composition. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research. vol. 54 (35).
- (2014) Mixed Micelles of Tetrameric Acids and Naphthenic Acids in Water. Energy & Fuels. vol. 28 (7).
- (2011) Comparative Study of Stabilizing Agents for Water-in-Oil Emulsions. Energy & Fuels. vol. 25 (12).