Birthe Loa Knizek
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Reasons for attempting suicide: An exploratory study in Ghana. Transcultural Psychiatry. vol. 56 (1).
- (2019) Societal Reactions to Suicide in Ghana: A Qualitative Study of Experiences of the Bereaved. Crisis.
- (2019) Problematic advice from suicide prevention experts. Ethical Human Psychology and Psychiatry : an International Journal of Critical Inquiry. vol. 20 (2).
- (2019) Epistemological differences in the discussion of the interpersonal theory of suicide: A reply to the response. Death Studies.
- (2019) Health care professional's perspectives on physcal activity within the Ugandan mental health care system. Mental Health and Physical Activity. vol. 16.
- (2019) The experience of mental health service users in health systems strengthening: lessons from Uganda. International Journal of Mental Health Systems. vol. 13 (60).
- (2018) ‘Walking a tightrope’: Reflections on police gatekeeping in suicide research in Ghana. International Journal of Social Research Methodology. vol. 21 (3).
- (2018) Suicide among men in Ghana: The burden of masculinity. Death Studies. vol. 42 (10).
- (2018) Bedre omsorg, færre selvmord?. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. vol. 138 (3).
- (2018) Former suicidal inpatients' experiences of treatment and care in psychiatric wards in Norway. International Journal of Qualitative Studies on Health and Well-being. vol. 13:1461514 (1).
- (2018) The emperor's new clothes? A critical look at the interpersonal theory of suicide. Death Studies.
- (2018) To die or not to die: a qualitative study of men's suicidality in Norway. BMC Psychiatry. vol. 18 (1).
- (2018) Cultural responses towards the aftermath of suicide among the Acholi in Northern Uganda. International Journal of Social Psychiatry. vol. 64 (6).
- (2018) Former Work Life and People With Dementia. Advances in Nursing Science. vol. 41 (1).
- (2017) The Coping Mechanisms and Strategies of Hypertension Patients in Ghana: The Role of Religious Faith, Beliefs and Practices. Journal of religion and health.
- (2017) Connecting with suicidal patients in psychiatric wards: Therapist challenges. Death Studies. vol. 41 (6).
- (2017) Relational Principles in the Care of Suicidal Inpatients: Experiences of Therapists and Mental Health Nurses. Issues in Mental Health Nursing. vol. 38 (2).
- (2017) Suicide and mental disorders: A discourse of politics, power, and vested interests. Death Studies. vol. 41 (8).
- (2017) Growing up HIV-positive in Uganda: "psychological immunodeficiency"? A qualitative study. BMC Psychology. vol. 5 (1).
- (2017) From condemnation to understanding: Views on suicidal behaviour in Ghana in transition. Death Studies. vol. 41 (8).