Bjørn E. Christensen
Background and activities
Areas of speciality/Fields of responsibilityBiopolymers
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Carbohydr Polym Special Issue Invited contribution: Click chemistry for block polysaccharides with dihydrazide and dioxyamine linkers - A review. Carbohydrate Polymers.
- (2021) Alginate-based diblock polymers: preparation, characterization and Ca-induced self-assembly. Polymer Chemistry. vol. 12 (38).
- (2021) Transition-Metal Nanoparticle Catalysts Anchored on Carbon Supports via Short-Chain Alginate Linkers. ACS Applied Nano Materials. vol. 4 (4).
- (2020) 2,5-Anhydro-d-Mannose End-Functionalized Chitin Oligomers Activated by Dioxyamines or Dihydrazides as Precursors of Diblock Oligosaccharides. Biomacromolecules. vol. 21 (7).
- (2020) Activation of enzymatically produced chitooligosaccharides by dioxyamines and dihydrazides. Carbohydrate Polymers. vol. 232.
- (2019) Sterilization effects on the handling and degradation properties of calcium phosphate cements containing poly (D,L-lactic-co-glycolic acid) porogens and carboxymethyl cellulose. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research. Part B - Applied biomaterials. vol. 107 (7).
- (2019) Structural and functional aspects of mannuronic acid–specific PL6 alginate lyase from the human gut microbe Bacteroides cellulosilyticus. Journal of Biological Chemistry. vol. 294 (47).
- (2019) Single-chain conformation of carboxylated schizophyllan, a triple helical polysaccharide, in dilute alkaline aqueous solution. Polymer. vol. 185.
- (2019) Conformation and cooperative order-disorder transition in aqueous solutions of β-1,3-D-glucan with different degree of branching varied by the Smith degradation. Biopolymers. vol. 110 (9).
- (2018) Macromolecular acidic coating increases shelf life by inhibition of bacterial growth. International journal of food microbiology. vol. 285.
- (2018) Cooperative Order−Disorder Transition of Carboxylated Schizophyllan in Water−Dimethylsulfoxide Mixtures. Journal of Physical Chemistry B. vol. 122 (25).
- (2017) Degradation kinetics of peptide-coupled alginates prepared via the periodate oxidation reductive amination route. Carbohydrate Polymers. vol. 157.
- (2017) Structural characterization of bioactive heteropolysaccharides from the medicinal fungus Inonotus obliquus (Chaga). Carbohydrate Polymers. vol. 185.
- (2017) Effects of carboxylation of the side chains on the order-disorder transition in aqueous solution of schizophyllan, a triple helical polysaccharide. Carbohydrate Polymers. vol. 168.
- (2016) The size and shape of three water-soluble, non-ionic polysaccharides produced by lactic acid bacteria: A comparative study. Carbohydrate Polymers. vol. 142.
- (2016) Efficient functionalization of alginate biomaterials. Biomaterials. vol. 80.
- (2015) Inter-laboratory evaluation of SEC-post-column calcofluor for determination of the weight-average molar mass of cereal β-glucan. Carbohydrate Polymers. vol. 124.
- (2015) Conformation of carboxylated schizophyllan in aqueous solution. Carbohydrate Polymers. vol. 134.
- (2014) In situ gelation for cell immobilization and culture in alginate foam scaffolds. Tissue Engineering Part A. vol. 20 (3-4).
- (2014) Ionically gelled alginate foams: Physical properties controlled by type, amount and source of gelling ions. Carbohydrate Polymers. vol. 99.