Background and activities
Bioethics, ethics of technology, Kantian ethics, Aristotelian ethics, political philosophy and aesthetics
Project leader for the interdisciplinary project "NANOTRUST – expertise and ethical conditions for a socially robust introduction of nanobiotechnology in aquaculture" funded by the Norwegian Research Council, 2007 – 2011.
Project leader for "NANOETHOS - Novel challenges for ELSA studies" funded by the Norwegian Research Council, 2009-10.
Active research partner on "In genes we trust? Biobanks, commercialisation and everyday life" funded by the Norwegian Research Council 2009 – 2012.
Active research partner on "Crossover Research. Well constructed systems biology" funded by the Norwegian Research Council 2010-2013.
Active research partner on "Socially Robust Solar Cells" funded by the Norwegian Research Council 2010-2013.
Active research partner on "Eco-values as product quality attributes in manufacturing of agricultural food ingredients" funded by the Research Council of Norway, 2011-2015.
Active research partner on "Enzymatic modification and upgrading of marine polysaccharides - MARPOL" Funded by the Research Council of Norway, 2013-2016.
Project leader "Research on the Ethos of Technology: The Case of Personalized Medicine" Funded by the Faculty of Humanities, NTNU, 2014 - 2017
Active research partner on "Development of a plant biotechnology platform for low cost production of industrial enzymes to boost biorefinery of lignocellulose biomass - BIOBOOST" Funded by the Research Council of Norway, 2015 - 2018
Project leader "Biobank research in the age of genomics. From public health to personalized medicine" Funded by the Research Council of Norway, 2015-2016.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Appreciation through use: How industrial technology articulates an ecology of values around Norwegian seaweed. Philosophy & Technology.
- (2018) The ethics of access to patented biotech research tools from universities and other research institutions. Nature Biotechnology. vol. 36 (6).
- (2018) Conscientious objection to intentional killing: an argument for toleration. BMC Medical Ethics. vol. 19.
- (2016) Assistert befruktning og familieverdier i forandring: Er vi på et moralsk skråplan?. Nytt Norsk Tidsskrift. vol. 32 (01-02).
- (2016) Think Global, Buy National: CSR, Cooperatives and Consumer Concerns in the Norwegian Food Value Chain. Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Ethics. vol. 29 (3).
- (2015) From ethics of restriction to ethics of construction: ELSA research in Norway. Nordic Journal of Science and Technology Studies. vol. 3 (1).
- (2013) Broad consent versus dynamic consent in biobank research: Is passive participation an ethical problem?. European Journal of Human Genetics. vol. 21 (9).
- (2015) Norske Matvarer - Verdier, muligheter og utfordringer. Fagbokforlaget. 2015. ISBN 978-82-450-1844-8.
- (2011) Kant: Here, Now and How. Essays in honour of Truls Wyller. Mentis Verlag GmbH. 2011. ISBN 978-3-89785-764-3.
- (2002) The sublime in Kant and Beckett. Aesthetic judgement, ethics and literature. Walter de Gruyter. 2002. ISBN 3-11-017126-0. Kantstudien Ergänzungshefte (140).
Part of book/report
- (2018) Tracing trust - on tracking technologies and consumer trust in food production. Professionals in Food Chains.
- (2018) Gene edited organisms should be assessed for sustainability, ethics and societal impacts. Professionals in Food Chains.
- (2018) Legal protection of animal intrinsic value – mere words?. Professionals in Food Chains.
- (2016) Kant on the right to renounce rights. Modernity - Unity in Diversity? Essays in Honour of Helge Høibraaten.