Bjørn K. Myskja
Background and activities
Vice Dean of Research, Artistic research and Innovation, Faculty of Humanities 2017-2021
Bioethics, ethics of technology, Kantian ethics, Aristotelian ethics, political philosophy and aesthetics
Active research partner on "The Norwegian Seaweed Biorefinery Platform (SBP-N)" funded by the Norwegian research Council, 2019-2024 and "Seaweeds for Novel Applications and Products" funded by ERA-NET under H2020, 2020-2023
Project leader for "Genome editing – a game-changer in salmon farming: Conditions for social and moral acceptance - CRISPRsalmon" funded by the Norwegian Research Council, 2019-2022: https://www.ntnu.edu/crispr-salmon
Active research partner on "Optimized oxidative enzyme systems for efficient conversion of lignocellulose to valuable products - OXYMOD" funded by the research Council of Norway 2017-2022.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Non-safety Assessments of Genome-Edited Organisms: Should They be Included in Regulation?. Science and Engineering Ethics. vol. 26 (5).
- (2020) Personalized medicine, digital technology and trust: a Kantian account. Medicine, Health care and Philosophy. vol. 23 (4).
- (2019) A novel governance framework for GMO : a tiered, more flexible regulation for GMOs would help to stimulate innovation and public debate. EMBO Reports. vol. 20 (5).
- (2019) Acceptable attitudes and the limits of tolerance: Understanding public attitudes to conscientious objection in healthcare. Clinical Ethics. vol. 14 (3).
- (2018) Appreciation Through Use: How Industrial Technology Articulates an Ecology of Values Around Norwegian Seaweed. Philosophy & Technology. vol. 32 (3).
- (2018) The ethics of access to patented biotech research tools from universities and other research institutions. Nature Biotechnology. vol. 36 (6).
- (2018) Conscientious objection to intentional killing: an argument for toleration. BMC Medical Ethics. vol. 19.
- (2016) Assistert befruktning og familieverdier i forandring: Er vi på et moralsk skråplan?. Nytt Norsk Tidsskrift. vol. 32 (01-02).
- (2016) Think Global, Buy National: CSR, Cooperatives and Consumer Concerns in the Norwegian Food Value Chain. Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Ethics. vol. 29 (3).
- (2015) Norske Matvarer - Verdier, muligheter og utfordringer. Fagbokforlaget. 2015. ISBN 978-82-450-1844-8.
- (2011) Kant: Here, Now and How. Essays in honour of Truls Wyller. Mentis Verlag GmbH. 2011. ISBN 978-3-89785-764-3.
- (2002) The sublime in Kant and Beckett. Aesthetic judgement, ethics and literature. Walter de Gruyter. 2002. ISBN 3-11-017126-0. Kantstudien Ergänzungshefte (140).
Part of book/report
- (2019) Normative arguments concerning the inclusion of non-safety assessments of genome-edited organisms. Sustainable governance and management of food systems.
- (2019) Moral limits to genome editing of farmed salmon. Sustainable governance and management of food systems.
- (2019) Interessekonflikter i forskning: Om forskningens saksorienterte forpliktelse. Interessekonflikter i forskning.
- (2018) Tracing trust - on tracking technologies and consumer trust in food production. Professionals in Food Chains.
- (2018) Gene edited organisms should be assessed for sustainability, ethics and societal impacts. Professionals in Food Chains.
- (2018) Legal protection of animal intrinsic value – mere words?. Professionals in Food Chains.
- (2016) Kant on the right to renounce rights. Modernity - Unity in Diversity? Essays in Honour of Helge Høibraaten.
- (2016) Naturalness and benefits in the debate on genetic modification. Food Futures. Ethics, Science & Culture.
- (2016) May we eat our fellow creatures? Virtues and animal ethics. Food Futures. Ethics, Science & Culture.