Background and activities
Dr. Ing in polymer science . Cand. Scient in theoretical particle physics.
10 years as research scientist/research manager in SINTEF Materials and chemistry + several years as research adviser. Extensive experience with proposal writing/proposal developments (EU/RCN) and establishment/implementation of international and national projects, both as partner and as coordinator/project manager.
Main areas at NV
Horizon 2020 (primary contact point for Dept. of Physics, Dept. of Materials Science and Engineering and Dept. of Chemical Engineering. Contact Johanne Arff for other departments)
- Positioning, positioning support.
- Identify possibilities for applications. Explanation of various project types and programs.
- Proposal writing and development, including structuring of the Excellence part, developing the Impact part and partly develop the Implementation part of proposals.
- Development of consortia,
- PES, establish external support.
- Grant preparation, Grant amendments.
- Project management, periodic- and final reports.
Contract management (can assist all departments)
- Establish and negotiate consortium agreements, subcontractor agreements, NDAs, commissions etc. in all types of research projects (researcher projects, SFF, KPN, SFI, FME, IPN, ERA-NET etc.)
- The faculty`s contact point (superuser) in CRIStin.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2013) Prediction of elastic properties of nanofibrillated cellulose from micromechanical modeling and nano-structure characterization by transmission electron microscopy. Cellulose (London). vol. 20 (2).
- (2012) Increased Performance of Thermoplastic Packaging Materials by Using a Mild Oxidizing Biobased Additive. International Journal of Polymer Science. vol. 2012 (2012).
- (2008) Electron Microscopy Study of γ-Al2O3 Supported Cobalt Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis Catalysts. Catalysis Letters. vol. 126 (3-4).
- (2008) Extrusion-based wood fibre-PP composites: Wood powder and pelletized wood fibres - a comparative study. Composites Science And Technology. vol. 68 (15-16).
- (2008) A combined TEM and SKPFM investigation of the surface layers on rolled AA5050 aluminium alloy using ultra-microtomy. Surface and Interface Analysis. vol. 40 (8).
- (2008) Chemical surface modifications of microfibrillated cellulose. Cellulose (London). vol. 15 (1).
- (2006) Properties and characterizaton of hydrophobized microfibrillated cellulose. Cellulose (London). vol. 13.
- (2006) Morphology of cellulose and its nanocomposites. American Chemical Society Symposium Series (ACS). vol. 938.
- (2005) Characterization of Cellulose Whiskers and Their Nanocomosites by Atomic Force and Electron Microscopy. Biomacromolecules. vol. 6 (6).
- (2005) Characterization of alumina-, silica-, and titania-supported cobalt Fisch-Tropsch catalysts. Journal of Catalysis. vol. 236.
- (2005) Structural characterization of cellulose and its nanocomposites. Abstract of Papers of the American Chemical Society. vol. 229.
- (2005) Relations between sample preparation and SKPFM Volta potential maps on an EN AW-6005 aluminium alloy. Corrosion Science.
- (2004) The effect of pre-bond moisture on epoxy-bonded sulphuric acid anodised aluminium. International Journal of Adhesion and Adhesives. vol. 24.
- (2003) Intergranular corrosion in AlMgSi-alloys - An initiation study by SKPFM and TEM. ATB Métallurgie. vol. 43 (1-2).
- (2003) AC and DC anodising as pre-treatment before powder coating of extruded and cast aluminium. ATB Métallurgie. vol. 43 (1-2).
- (2001) Investigation of phase behaviour in the melt in blends of single site liear polyethylene and ethylene-1-alkene copolymers. Polymer. vol. 42 (9).
- (2001) Blends of single-site linear- and branched polyethylene I: Thermal characterization. Polymer. vol. 42 (12).
- (2001) Blends of single-site linear- and branched polyethylene II: Morphology characterization. Polymer. vol. 42 (15).
- (2001) Phase separation in melt blends of single-site linear polyethylene and branched polyethylene. Polymer. vol. 42 (13).
- (2000) Thermal analysis of single-site polymers in binary blends of low-molecular-weight linear polyethylene and high-molecular-weight branched polyethylene. Thermochimica Acta.