Bjørn Steinar Tanem
Background and activities
- Development of project proposals to EUs framework programes and associated programs (primarily RIA, IA, MSCA-IF, MSCA-ITN, ERC, ERA-NET).
- Grant agreement preparation and reporting in projects in EU framework programe.
- Development of project proposals to Research Council of Norway (primarily Researcher projects, KPN, IPN, Infrastruktur, SFI).
- Development and negotiation of collaboration agreements in all types of research projects.
- Project management.
- Research advisor at NV-faculty (from 2015-2019)
- Head of Research section at NV (2011-2015)
- Research advisor SINTEF Materials and chemistry (2011-2015)
- Research Manager in SINTEF Materials and chemistry (2008-2011)
- Researcher-Senior researcher in SINTEF Materials and chemistry (2001-2011)
- Post doc NTNU (bio-nanocomposites) (2004-2005)
- Dr. ing NTNU - polymer science
- Cand. scient NTNU - theoretical physics
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2013) Prediction of elastic properties of nanofibrillated cellulose from micromechanical modeling and nano-structure characterization by transmission electron microscopy. Cellulose. vol. 20 (2).
- (2012) Increased Performance of Thermoplastic Packaging Materials by Using a Mild Oxidizing Biobased Additive. International Journal of Polymer Science. vol. 2012 (2012).
- (2008) Electron Microscopy Study of γ-Al2O3 Supported Cobalt Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis Catalysts. Catalysis Letters. vol. 126 (3-4).
- (2008) Extrusion-based wood fibre-PP composites: Wood powder and pelletized wood fibres - a comparative study. Composites Science And Technology. vol. 68 (15-16).
- (2008) A combined TEM and SKPFM investigation of the surface layers on rolled AA5050 aluminium alloy using ultra-microtomy. Surface and Interface Analysis. vol. 40 (8).
- (2008) Chemical surface modifications of microfibrillated cellulose. Cellulose. vol. 15 (1).
- (2006) Properties and characterizaton of hydrophobized microfibrillated cellulose. Cellulose. vol. 13.
- (2006) Morphology of cellulose and its nanocomposites. American Chemical Society Symposium Series (ACS). vol. 938.
- (2005) Characterization of Cellulose Whiskers and Their Nanocomosites by Atomic Force and Electron Microscopy. Biomacromolecules. vol. 6 (6).
- (2005) Characterization of alumina-, silica-, and titania-supported cobalt Fisch-Tropsch catalysts. Journal of Catalysis. vol. 236.
- (2005) Structural characterization of cellulose and its nanocomposites. Abstract of Papers of the American Chemical Society. vol. 229.
- (2005) Relations between sample preparation and SKPFM Volta potential maps on an EN AW-6005 aluminium alloy. Corrosion Science.
- (2004) The effect of pre-bond moisture on epoxy-bonded sulphuric acid anodised aluminium. International Journal of Adhesion and Adhesives. vol. 24.
- (2004) The effect of pre-bond moisture on epoxy-bonded sulphuric acid anodised aluminiu. International Journal of Adhesion and Adhesives. vol. 24.
- (2003) Intergranular corrosion in AlMgSi-alloys - An initiation study by SKPFM and TEM. ATB Métallurgie. vol. 43 (1-2).
- (2003) AC and DC anodising as pre-treatment before powder coating of extruded and cast aluminium. ATB Métallurgie. vol. 43 (1-2).
- (2001) Investigation of phase behaviour in the melt in blends of single site liear polyethylene and ethylene-1-alkene copolymers. Polymer. vol. 42 (9).
- (2001) Blends of single-site linear- and branched polyethylene I: Thermal characterization. Polymer. vol. 42 (12).
- (2001) Blends of single-site linear- and branched polyethylene II: Morphology characterization. Polymer. vol. 42 (15).
- (2001) Phase separation in melt blends of single-site linear polyethylene and branched polyethylene. Polymer. vol. 42 (13).