Background and activities
Methods for nonlinear finite element analysis
The finite element method
Nonlinear finite element analysis
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Buckling initiation in layered hydrogels during transient swelling. Journal of the mechanics and physics of solids. vol. 128.
- (2019) Anisotropic finite strain viscoelasticity: constitutive modeling and finite element implementation. Journal of the mechanics and physics of solids. vol. 124.
- (2019) Soft palate muscle activation: a modeling approach for improved understanding of obstructive sleep apnea. Biomechanics and Modeling in Mechanobiology. vol. 18 (3).
- (2019) Enabling Sequential Rupture for Lowering Atomistic Ice Adhesion. Nanoscale. vol. 11.
- (2018) Crystal plasticity modeling of microstructure influence on fatigue crack initiation in extruded Al6082-T6 with surface irregularities. International Journal of Fatigue. vol. 111.
- (2018) Adiponectin reduces bone stiffness; verified in a 3D artificial human bone model in vitro. Frontiers in Endocrinology. vol. 9:236.
- (2018) Palatal implant surgery effectiveness in treatment of obstructive sleep apnea: a numerical method with 3D patient-specific geometries. Journal of Biomechanics. vol. 66.
- (2018) 3D patient-specific numerical modeling of the soft palate considering adhesion from the tongue. Journal of Biomechanics. vol. 77.
- (2018) Simulation of the Upper Airways in Patients with Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Nasal Obstruction: A novel finite element method. Laryngoscope Investigative Otolaryngology. vol. 3 (2).
- (2018) A gradient-based multiaxial criterion for fatigue crack initiation prediction in components with surface roughness. International Journal of Fatigue. vol. 117.
- (2017) An experimental and numerical study on the volume change of particle-filled elastomers in various loading modes. Mechanics of materials (Print). vol. 106.
- (2017) Volume growth during uniaxial tension of particle-filled elastomers at various temperatures–Experiments and modelling. Journal of the mechanics and physics of solids. vol. 107.
- (2017) Contributions of prestrains, hyperelasticity, and muscle fiber activation on mitral valve systolic performance. International Journal for Numerical Methods in Biomedical Engineering. vol. 33 (4).
- (2017) MicroCT-based finite element models as a tool for virtual testing of cortical bone. Medical Engineering and Physics. vol. 46.
- (2017) Nanoindentation response of cortical bone: dependency of subsurface voids. Biomechanics and Modeling in Mechanobiology. vol. 16 (5).
- (2017) Grain-size Induced Strengthening and Weakening of Dislocation-free Polycrystalline Gas Hydrates. Procedia IUTAM. vol. 21.
- (2016) Skeletal effects of a gastrin receptor antagonist in H+/K+ATPase beta subunit KO mice. Journal of Endocrinology. vol. 230 (2).
- (2016) Effects of the histamine 1 receptor antagonist cetirizine on the osteoporotic phenotype in H+ /K+ ATPase beta subunit KO mice. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry. vol. 117 (9).
- (2016) Tension behaviour of HNBR and FKM elastomers for a wide range of temperatures. Polymer testing. vol. 49.
- (2016) Nanoindentation and finite element modelling of chitosan-alginate multilayer coated hydrogels. Soft Matter. vol. 12 (35).