Background and activities
Researcher, NTNU. Consultant cardiologist, Clinic of Cardiology, St. Olavs Hospital.
Medical doctor, NTNU, 2003.
Phd, University of Oslo, 2011.
Board certified: Cardiology, 2015. Internal medicine, 2015
Focus areas: Advanced echocardiography, valvular disase, coronary artery disease. Echocardiography in valve interventions.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Real-Time Automatic Ejection Fraction and Foreshortening Detection Using Deep Learning. IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control.
- (2019) Description of chest pain patients in a Norwegian emergency department. Scandinavian Cardiovascular Journal. vol. 53 (1).
- (2019) Global longitudinal strain is a more reproducible measure of left ventricular function than ejection fraction regardless of echocardiographic training. Cardiovascular Ultrasound. vol. 17 (18).
- (2019) Fast ultrasound to ultrasound auto-registration for interventional cardiology. Proceedings - IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium. vol. 2019-October.
- (2018) Completeness and correctness of acute myocardial infarction diagnoses in a medical quality register and an administrative health register. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health.
- (2014) Early Assessment of Strain Echocardiography Can Accurately Exclude Significant Coronary Artery Stenosis in Suspected Non-ST-Segment Elevation Acute Coronary Syndrome. Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography. vol. 27 (5).
- (2014) Følges retningslinjene for behandling av hjerteinfarkt. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. vol. 134 (4).
- (2014) En mann i 60-årene med brystsmerter og funksjonsdyspné. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. vol. 134 (22).
- (2013) Strain echocardiography improves risk prediction of ventricular arrhythmias after myocardial infarction. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. vol. 6 (8).
- (2012) Early strain echocardiography may exclude high-grade coronary artery stenosis in suspected non-ST-elevation acute coronary syndrome. European Heart Journal. vol. 33.
- (2011) Early Strain Echocardiography May Exclude Significant Coronary Artery Stenosis in Suspected Non-ST-Elevation Acute Coronary Syndrome. Circulation. vol. 124 (21).
- (2011) Postsystolic shortening is a strong predictor of recovery of systolic function in patients with non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction. European Heart Journal-Cardiovascular Imaging. vol. 12 (7).
- (2011) Mean Strain Throughout the Heart Cycle by Longitudinal Two-Dimensional Speckle-Tracking Echocardiography Enables Early Prediction of Infarct Size. Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography. vol. 24 (10).
- (2011) The Advantage of Global Strain Compared to Left Ventricular Ejection Fraction to Predict Outcome after Acute Myocardial Infarction. Echocardiography. vol. 28 (5).
- (2010) Strain Echocardiography and Wall Motion Score Index Predicts Final Infarct Size in Patients With Non-ST-Segment-Elevation Myocardial Infarction. Circulation Cardiovascular Imaging. vol. 3 (2).
- (2010) Strain echocardiography predicts acute coronary occlusion in patients with non-ST-segment elevation acute coronary syndrome. European Heart Journal-Cardiovascular Imaging. vol. 11 (6).
- (2010) A simplified 6 segments model of circumferential strain by echocardiography reflects LV infarct size in NSTEMI. European Heart Journal. vol. 31 (Supp. 1).
- (2010) Circumferential strain by echocardiography identifies acute occlusions in non ST-elevation acute coronary syndromes. European Heart Journal. vol. 31 (Supp. 1).
- (2010) Acute coronary occlusion in non-ST-elevation acute coronary syndrome: outcome and early identification by strain echocardiography. Heart. vol. 96 (19).
- (2010) Changes of Myocardial Function in Patients with Non-ST-Elevation Acute Coronary Syndrome Awaiting Coronary Angiography. American Journal of Cardiology. vol. 105 (9).