Background and activities
Researcher, NTNU. Consultant cardiologist, Clinic of Cardiology, St. Olavs Hospital.
Medical doctor, NTNU, 2003.
Phd, University of Oslo, 2011.
Focus areas: Advanced echocardiography, valvular disase, coronary artery disease. Echocardiography in valve interventions.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Completeness and correctness of acute myocardial infarction diagnoses in a medical quality register and an administrative health register. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health.
- (2014) Early Assessment of Strain Echocardiography Can Accurately Exclude Significant Coronary Artery Stenosis in Suspected Non-ST-Segment Elevation Acute Coronary Syndrome. Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography. vol. 27 (5).
- (2014) Følges retningslinjene for behandling av hjerteinfarkt. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. vol. 134 (4).
- (2014) En mann i 60-årene med brystsmerter og funksjonsdyspné. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. vol. 134 (22).
- (2013) Strain echocardiography improves risk prediction of ventricular arrhythmias after myocardial infarction. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. vol. 6 (8).
- (2012) Early strain echocardiography may exclude high-grade coronary artery stenosis in suspected non-ST-elevation acute coronary syndrome. European Heart Journal. vol. 33.
- (2011) Early Strain Echocardiography May Exclude Significant Coronary Artery Stenosis in Suspected Non-ST-Elevation Acute Coronary Syndrome. Circulation. vol. 124 (21).
- (2011) Postsystolic shortening is a strong predictor of recovery of systolic function in patients with non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction. European Journal of Echocardiography. vol. 12 (7).
- (2011) Mean Strain Throughout the Heart Cycle by Longitudinal Two-Dimensional Speckle-Tracking Echocardiography Enables Early Prediction of Infarct Size. Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography. vol. 24 (10).
- (2011) The Advantage of Global Strain Compared to Left Ventricular Ejection Fraction to Predict Outcome after Acute Myocardial Infarction. Echocardiography. vol. 28 (5).
- (2010) Strain Echocardiography and Wall Motion Score Index Predicts Final Infarct Size in Patients With Non-ST-Segment-Elevation Myocardial Infarction. Circulation Cardiovascular Imaging. vol. 3 (2).
- (2010) Strain echocardiography predicts acute coronary occlusion in patients with non-ST-segment elevation acute coronary syndrome. European Heart Journal-Cardiovascular Imaging. vol. 11 (6).
- (2010) A simplified 6 segments model of circumferential strain by echocardiography reflects LV infarct size in NSTEMI. European Heart Journal. vol. 31 (Supp. 1).
- (2010) Circumferential strain by echocardiography identifies acute occlusions in non ST-elevation acute coronary syndromes. European Heart Journal. vol. 31 (Supp. 1).
- (2010) Acute coronary occlusion in non-ST-elevation acute coronary syndrome: outcome and early identification by strain echocardiography. Heart. vol. 96 (19).
- (2010) Changes of Myocardial Function in Patients with Non-ST-Elevation Acute Coronary Syndrome Awaiting Coronary Angiography. American Journal of Cardiology. vol. 105 (9).
- (2009) Diagnostic capability and reproducibility of strain by Doppler and by speckle tracking in patients with acute myocardial infarction. JACC Cardiovascular Imaging. vol. 2.
- (2009) Diagnostic Capability and Reproducibility of Strain by Doppler and by Speckle Tracking in Patients With Acute Myocardial Infarction. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. vol. 2 (1).
- (2009) Comparison of Left Ventricular Ejection Fraction and Left Ventricular Global Strain as Determinants of Infarct Size in Patients with Acute Myocardial Infarction. Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography. vol. 22 (11).
- (2011) Early risk stratification by echocardiography in acute coronary syndromes. Unipub forlag. 2011. ISBN 978-82-8072-561-5. Series of dissertations submitted to the Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo (1110).