Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Contaminants, prolactin and parental care in an Arctic seabird: Contrasted associations of perfluoroalkyl substances and organochlorine compounds with egg-turning behavior. General and Comparative Endocrinology. vol. 291.
- (2020) Meeting Paris agreement objectives will temper seabird winter distribution shifts in the North Atlantic Ocean. Global Change Biology.
- (2020) Sharing wintering grounds does not synchronize annual survival in a high Arctic seabird, the little auk. Marine Ecology Progress Series.
- (2020) Identifying individual polar bears at safe distances: A test with captive animals. PLOS ONE. vol. 15 (2).
- (2020) Exposure to PFAS is associated with telomere length dynamics and demographic responses of an arctic top predator. Environmental Science and Technology. vol. 54.
- (2019) Winter extratropical cyclone influence on seabird survival: variation between and within common eider Somateria mollissima populations. Marine Ecology Progress Series. vol. 627.
- (2019) A migratory divide among red-necked phalaropes in the Western Palearctic reveals contrasting migration and wintering movement strategies. Frontiers in Ecology and Evolution. vol. 7:86.
- (2018) Global phenological insensitivity to shifting ocean temperatures among seabirds. Nature Climate Change. vol. 8 (4).
- (2018) Black-legged kittiwakes as messengers of Atlantification in the Arctic. Scientific Reports. vol. 8.
- (2018) Organochlorines, perfluoroalkyl substances, mercury, and egg incubation temperature in an Arctic seabird: Insights from data loggers. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry. vol. 37 (11).
- (2018) Higher plasma oxidative damage and lower plasma antioxidant defences in an Arctic seabird exposed to longer perfluoroalkyl acids. Environmental Research. vol. 168.
- (2018) DNA Damage in Arctic Seabirds: Baseline, Sensitivity to a Genotoxic Stressor, and Association with Organohalogen Contaminants. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry. vol. 37 (4).
- (2017) Perfluorinated substances and telomeres in an Arctic seabird: Cross-sectional and longitudinal approaches. Environmental Pollution (1987). vol. 230.
- (2017) Multi-colony tracking reveals spatio-temporal variation in carry-over effects between breeding success and winter movements in a pelagic seabird. Marine Ecology Progress Series. vol. 578.
- (2017) Temporal variation in circulating concentrations of organochlorine pollutants in a pelagic seabird breeding in the high arctic. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry. vol. 36 (2).
- (2017) Blood and feather concentrations of toxic elements in a Baltic and an Arctic seabird population. Marine Pollution Bulletin. vol. 114 (2).
- (2017) Flexibility in otherwise consistent non-breeding movements of a long-distance migratory seabird, the long-tailed skua. Marine Ecology Progress Series. vol. 578.
- (2016) Later at higher latitudes: Large-scale variability in seabird breeding timing and synchronicity. Ecosphere. vol. 7 (5).
- (2016) Migration strategies of common eiders from Svalbard: implications for bilateral conservation management. Polar Biology. vol. 39 (11).
- (2016) A probabilistic algorithm to process geolocation data. Movement Ecology. vol. 4:26.