Christer André Jensen
Background and activities
Innovation Advisor Helse Møre og Romsdal HF. Previously PhD student in Clinical Medicine at NTNU; breath hold radiotherapy for breast cancer.
Graduated as a physicist from NTNU in 1997, and have worked as a medical physicist since 2000. Have been working at the Cancer Clinic Helse Møre og Romsdal HF since 2001. Certified as a Medical Physicist Specialist, and holds the position as the head of medical physics at Ålesund hospital.
PhD-student, 50%, in the period 2014-2018. The PhD-work was an innovation project within deep inspiration breath hold in breast cancer radiotherapy.
Research activity has previously been in ultraviolet radiation from the sun and circumnutations for plant organs without gravity. In recent years 4 posters have been published at the european radiotherapy conference ESTRO. Currently also participating in a regionally randomised phase-3-study for prostate cancer; RIC-study. A new regional study asessing long-term damage from breast cancer radiotherapy was intiated as part of the phd; COBRA-study. 250 patient will be included in the period 2017-220.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Rectal volume variations and estimated rectal dose during 8 weeks of image-guided radical 3D conformal external beam radiotherapy for prostate cancer. Clinical and Translational Radiation Oncology. vol. 15.
- (2018) Robustness of VMAT and 3DCRT plans toward setup errors in radiation therapy of locally advanced left-sided breast cancer with DIBH. Physica medica (Testo stampato). vol. 45.
- (2018) Dose to penile bulb is not associated with erectile dysfunction 18 months post radiotherapy: A secondary analysis of a randomized trial. Clinical and Translational Radiation Oncology. vol. 13.
- (2018) Radiotherapy for prostate cancer - Does daily image guidance with tighter margins improve patient reported outcomes compared to weekly orthogonal verified irradiation? Results from a randomized controlled trial. Radiotherapy and Oncology. vol. 126 (2).
- (2017) Monitoring deep inspiration breath hold for left-sided localized breast cancer radiotherapy with an in-house developed laser distance meter system. Journal of Applied Clinical Medical Physics. vol. 18 (5).
- (2017) Intrafractional baseline drift during free breathing breast cancer radiation therapy. Acta Oncologica. vol. 56 (6).
- (2017) Development of a deep inspiration breath-hold system for radiotherapy utilizing a laser distance measurer. Journal of Applied Clinical Medical Physics. vol. 18 (1).
- (1997) Spektrale målinger av ultrafiolett stråling i Trondheim. 1997.