Christian Øyn Naversen
Background and activities
I graduated NTNU with a MsC in Applied Physics and Mathematics (Fysikk og Matematikk) in 2015 with a specialization in Applied Physics. My thesis was titled "Signatures of the Transition between Topologically and Magnetically Ordered Ground States in the Schwinger-Boson Mean Field Theory of Frustrated Quantum Antiferromagnets" , where different exotic magnetic states of matter were examined both analytically and numerically.
After graduation, I started working in the field of hydropower scheduling for SINTEF Energy Research in Trondheim. I was a part of the development team for the short-term hydropower scheduling model SHOP, a powerful optimization tool used by the industry for decision support related to bidding and replanning in the day-ahead electricity market. I have also been a part of the recent development of the API for the mid-term hydropower scheduling model ProdRisk, which makes it easy to use the weekly strategy created by ProdRisk as input to SHOP.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Accounting for reserve capacity activation when scheduling a hydropower dominated system. International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems. vol. 119.
- (2020) Hydrothermal scheduling in the continuous-time framework. Electric power systems research. vol. 189.
- (2018) Optimizing day-ahead bid curves in hydropower production. Energy Systems, Springer Verlag. vol. 9 (2).
Part of book/report
- (2020) On the Importance of Detailed Thermal Modeling for Price Forecasting in Hydro-Thermal Power Systems. 2019 IEEE Electrical Power and Energy Conference - EPEC 2019.
- (2020) Continuous-time scheduling of a hydrothermal system with integration of offshore wind power. 2020 17th International Conference on the European Energy Market - EEM.
- (2019) Benchmarking Hydro Operation by Use of a Simulator. Proceedings of the 6th International Workshop on Hydro Scheduling in Competitive Electricity Markets.
- (2019) Operating a Battery in a Hydropower-Dominated System to Balance Net Load Deviations. 2019 16th International Conference on the European Energy Market - EEM 2019.
- (2019) Rolling Horizon Simulator for Evaluation of Bidding Strategies for Reservoir Hydro. 2019 16th International Conference on the European Energy Market - EEM 2019.
- (2018) Multi-Market Price Forecasting in Hydro-Thermal Power Systems. 2018 15th International Conference on the European Energy Market - EEM.
- (2019) Fundamental Multi-Product Price Forecasting in Power Markets. 2019. ISBN 978-82-14-06334-9. SINTEF Rapport (2019:00632).