Christina Gabrielsen Ås
Background and activities
Guest researcher at the department of Clinical and Molecular Medicine at NTNU. Fields of interest include bacterial virulence and genomics, next generation sequencing and bioinformatics.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Livestock-Associated MRSA CC1 in Norway; Introduction to Pig Farms, Zoonotic Transmission, and Eradication. Frontiers in Microbiology. vol. 10.
- (2018) Investigation of an outbreak caused by antibiotic susceptible Klebsiella oxytoca in a neonatal intensive care unit in Norway. Acta Paediatrica.
- (2018) Comparative Transcriptome Profiling Reveals a Potential Role of Type VI Secretion System and Fimbriae in Virulence of Non-O157 Shiga Toxin-Producing Escherichia coli. Frontiers in Microbiology. vol. 9.
- (2017) Emerging multidrug-resistant Bengal Bay clone ST772-MRSA-V in Norway: molecular epidemiology 2004-2014. European Journal of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases. vol. 36 (10).
- (2017) Characterization of the virulence potential of Staphylococcus condimenti isolated from a patient with severe soft tissue infection. New microbes and new infections. vol. 18.
- (2017) Molecular characteristics of Streptococcus agalactiae strains deficient in alpha-like protein encoding genes. Journal of Medical Microbiology. vol. 66 (1).
- (2015) Draft Genome Sequence of Lactobacillus kunkeei AR114 Isolated from Honey Bee Gut. Microbiology Resource Announcements (MRA). vol. 3 (2).
- (2014) Circular bacteriocins: biosynthesis and mode of action. Applied and Environmental Microbiology. vol. 80 (22).
- (2014) Functional genetic analysis of the garml gene cluster in Lactococcus garvieae DCC43 gives new insights into circular bacteriocin biosynthesis. Journal of Bacteriology. vol. 196 (5).
- (2014) Comparative genomics to delineate pathogenic potential in Non-O157 Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli (STEC) from patients with and without haemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS) in Norway. PLOS ONE. vol. 9 (10).
- (2013) A Zn-dependent metallopeptidase is responsible for sensitivity to LsbB, a class II leaderless bacteriocin of Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis BGMN1-5. Journal of Bacteriology.
- (2012) Genome sequence of the bacteriocin-producing strain Lactococcus garvieae DCC43. Journal of Bacteriology. vol. 194 (24).
- (2012) The maltose ABC transporter in Lactococcus lactis facilitates high level sensitivity to the circular bacteriocin garvicin ML. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy. vol. 56 (6).
Part of book/report
- (2015) Novel Developments in Bacteriocins from Lactic Acid Bacteria. Biotechnology of Lactic Acid Bacteria: Novel Applications.
- (2013) Full circle: Genetics, biosynthesis, mode of action and resistance mechanisms of the bacteriocin garvicin ML. 2013. ISBN 978-82-575-1168-5.
- (2009) Investigating use of the XylS/Pm expression system for production of recombinant proteins in Streptomyces spp. 2009.