Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Validation of a three-dimensional depth-semi-averaged model. Physics of Fluids. vol. 31 (2).
- (2019) On a layer model for spilling breakers: a preliminary experimental analysis. European journal of mechanics. B, Fluids. vol. 73.
- (2019) Experimental studies of a damaged ship section in forced heave motion. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 88.
- (2019) Unsteady hydrodynamic forces of solid objects vertically entering the water surface. Physics of Fluids. vol. 31 (2).
- (2018) Global force and moment in rectangular tanks through a modal method for wave sloshing. Journal of Fluids and Structures. vol. 77.
- (2018) A probabilistic approach for the quantification of prediction error in deterministic phase-resolved wave forecasting. Ocean Engineering. vol. 163.
- (2018) Free-Surface Tracking in 2D with the Harmonic Polynomial Cell Method: Two Alternative Strategies. International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering. vol. 113 (2).
- (2018) Extra Strain Rates in an unsteady spilling breaking wave. Scientific Reports. vol. 8 (1).
- (2017) A depth semi-averaged model for coastal dynamics. Physics of Fluids. vol. 29 (5).
- (2017) The sinking of the El Faro: predicting real world rogue waves during Hurricane Joaquin. Scientific Reports. vol. 7 (11188).
- (2017) Comparison of hydrodynamic loading models for vertical cylinders in nonlinear waves. Procedia Engineering. vol. 199.
- (2017) A combined wind and wave energy-converter concept in survival mode: Numerical and experimental study in regular waves with a focus on water entry and exit. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 63.
- (2016) Some challenges in recovering wave features from a wave radar system. ISOPE - International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference. Proceedings. vol. 2016-January.
- (2016) Nonlinear vertical accelerations of a floating torus in regular waves. Journal of Fluids and Structures. vol. 66.
- (2016) Comparative experimental study of the survivability of a combined wind and wave energy converter in two testing facilities. Ocean Engineering. vol. 111.
- (2016) Experimental and numerical comparisons of hydrodynamic responses for a combined wind and wave energy converter concept under operational conditions. Renewable Energy. vol. 93.
- (2015) Generalized HPC method for the Poisson equation. Journal of Computational Physics. vol. 299.
- (2015) Influence of motion coupling and nonlinear effects on parametric roll for a floating production storage and offloading platform. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences. vol. 373 (2033).
- (2015) Influence of yaw-roll coupling on the behavior of a FPSO: An experimental and numerical investigation. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 51.
- (2015) Irregular nonlinear wave simulation and associated loads on offshore wind turbines. Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering. vol. 137 (2).