Curtis Hays Whitson
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Laboratory tests and modeling of carbon dioxide injection in chalk with fracture/matrix-transport mechanisms. SPE Reservoir Evaluation and Engineering. vol. 21 (1).
- (2017) Determining diffusion coefficients for carbon dioxide injection in oil-saturated chalk by use of a constant-volume-diffusion method. SPE Journal. vol. 22 (2).
- (2014) Shale-gas scheduling for natural-gas supply in electric power production. Energy. vol. 78.
- (2013) Modeling Steam-Assisted Gravity Drainage With a Black-Oil Proxy. SPE Reservoir Evaluation and Engineering. vol. 16 (2).
- (2013) A mixed-integer non-linear problem formulation for miscible WAG injection. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. vol. 109.
- (2012) Target-Rate Tracking for Shale-Gas Multi-Well Pads by Scheduled Shut-Ins. Elsevier IFAC Publications / IFAC Proceedings series.
- (2012) Integrated field operation and optimization. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. vol. 81.
- (2011) Numerical modeling CO2 injection in a fractured chalk experiment. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. vol. 77 (2).
- (2011) On the Loss of Injectant and Apparent Dispersivity in Single-Well Push-Pull Tests Influenced by Natural Drift. Transport in Porous Media. vol. 86 (2).
- (2010) CO2 EOR Potential in Naturally Fractured Haft Kel Field, Iran. SPE Reservoir Evaluation and Engineering. vol. 13 (4).
- (2010) Model-Based Integration and Optimization-Gas-Cycling Benchmark. SPE Journal. vol. 15 (2).
- (2009) Modeling Conformance as Dispersion. SPE Reservoir Evaluation and Engineering. vol. 12 (1).
- (2009) Analytical Treatment of a Push-Pull "Echo" Test. Transport in Porous Media. vol. 77 (3).
- (2004) Characterization of Petroleum Deposits Formed in a Producing Well by Synchrotron Radiation-Based Microanalyses. Energy & Fuels. vol. 18 (4).
- (1998) Application of General Material Balance for High-Pressure Gas Reservoirs. SPE Journal.
- (1994) Modelling of Diffusional Mass Transfer in Naturally Fractured Reservoirs. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering.
- (1993) Estimating Diffusion Coefficient of Dense Fluids. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research.
- (1992) Peng-Robinson Predictions for Hydrocarbons, CO2, N2, and H2S with Pure Water and NaCl Brine. Fluid Phase Equilibria.
- (1991) A Study of Recovery Mechanisms in a Nitrogen Diffusion Experiment. SPE Unsolicited Collection.
- (1990) Discussion of a Systematic and Consistent Approach to Determine Binary Interaction Coefficients for the Peng-Robinson Equation of State. SPERE.