Dag Atle Lysne
Background and activities
Associate Professor in Biology, specializing in the teaching and learning of science, NTNU
From 2009 until 2013, I was the head of NTNU’s program, “Kompetanse i Skolen” (“Competence in School”). Thereafter, from 2013 until 2016 I was the head for Program for teacher education at NTNU. Previously, I was involved in a total of eight scientific projects and I was the leader on five of those projects.
My main interest is how learning can be facilitated and contextualised through practical work in school.
My research has been focused in two different areas. Before 2006, I published papers within the field of Ecology. I had, however, gradually been changing my research focus towards the teaching and learning science.
My research within teaching and learning has focused on how learning of conceptual knowledge in science can be contextualized. A special focus has been put on technology and design and the use of ICT and how to bridge the gap between students’ life both in and outside of school.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Hvordan kommuniserer lærere med elevene i teknologiprosjekter?. Nordic Studies in Science Education. vol. 17 (3).
- (2021) Key Factors Needed for Developing a Higher Education Cross-Campus Learning Environment in a Nordic Context. Frontiers in Education.
- (2020) Bidrar uteskole i lærerutdanningen til uteskole i første yrkesår?. Acta Didactica Norden (ADNO). vol. 14 (2).
- (2019) The Need to Focus on Digital Pedagogy for Online Learning. European Journal of Education (EJED). vol. 2 (3).
- (2019) MOOC Platforms: A Nordic Approach to Research Informed Education in Higher Education. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 2356.
- (2018) En studie av skolebasert kompetanseutvikling i lokale kontekster. FoU i praksis. vol. 13 (1).
- (2014) Science and Mathematics as part of practical projects in technology and design: An analysis of challenges in realising the curriculum in Norwegian schools. Nordic Studies in Science Education. vol. 10 (1).
- (2014) Mathematical speech and practical action: a case study of the challenges of including mathematics in a school technology project. International Journal of Mathematical Education in Science and Technology. vol. 45 (8).
- (2006) Is reduced body growth of cod exposed to the gill parasite Lernaeocera branchialis a cost of resistance?. Journal of Fish Biology. vol. 69 (5).
- (2002) The parasite Lernaeocera branchialis on caged cod: infection pattern is caused by differences in host susceptibility. Parasitology. vol. 124.
- (1997) Regulation of infrapopulations of Cryptocotyle lingua on cod. Parasitology. vol. 114.
- (1995) Pepsin digestion reveals both previous and present infections of metacercariae in the skin of fish. Fisheries Research. vol. 24.
- (1994) The distribution of Cryptocotyle spp. metacercariae in the skin of caged Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua L.). Journal of Fish Biology. vol. 45.
Part of book/report
- (2016) Students’ Use of Science and Mathematics in Practical Projects in Design and Technology. Insights from Research in Science Teaching and Learning.
- (2014) Students' use of science and mathematics in practical projects in design & technology. Science Education Research For Evidence-based Teaching and Coherence in Learning (Proceedings of the ESERA 2013 Conference).
- (2013) Teknologiprosjekter som læringsarena og betydningen av hensikt og kontekst. Proceedings of FoU i praksis 2012 : conference proceedings. Trondheim, 23. og 24. april 2012.
- (2013) Hvordan bidrar elevenes erfaringer til arbeidet med teknologi i skolen?. Proceedings of FoU i praksis 2012 : conference proceedings. Trondheim, 23. og 24. april 2012.
- (2013) A practical approach in technology and design in a school for all (Norway). Inquiry in Science Education and Science Teacher Education.
- (2013) Meningsdanning i matematikk basert på arbeid i teknologi og design. Proceedings of FoU i praksis 2012 : conference proceedings. Trondheim, 23. og 24. april 2012.
- (2012) Technology & design as contexts for science and mathematics? An empirical study of the realisation of curriculum intentions in Norwegian schools. PATT 26 conference : Stockholm, Sweden 26–30 June 2012: Technology Education in the 21st Century.