Daniel Fossum Bratbak
Background and activities
Daniel Fossum Bratbak is a resident at the Department of Neurosurgery, St. Olavs University Hospital, and Associate Professor at the Department of Neuroscience, NTNU.
- ENT/Head and neck surgery
- Interventional treatment of headache
- Clinical research
- Surgical navigation
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Oslo 2006
- Emergency Department, Hospital de Denía, Spain 2008-2009
- Department of ENT, St. Olavs University Hospital, Norway 2009-2015
- Institute of Neuroscience, NTNU 2013-
- Department of Neurosurgery, St. Olavs University Hospital, Norway 2015-
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Open-label, multi-dose, pilot safety study of injection of onabotulinumtoxinA toward the otic ganglion for the treatment of intractable chronic cluster headache. Headache. vol. 60 (8).
- (2019) Pilot study of injection of onabotulinumtoxinA toward the sphenopalatine ganglion for the treatment of classical trigeminal neuralgia. Headache. vol. 59 (8).
- (2019) Prediction of the sphenopalatine ganglion localization in computerized tomography images. Cephalalgia.
- (2019) Anatomical landmarks for localizing the otic ganglion: A possible new treatment target for headache disorders. Cephalalgia.
- (2018) Long-term outcome of patients with intractable chronic cluster headache treated with injection of onabotulinum toxin A toward the sphenopalatine ganglion - an observational study. Headache. vol. 58 (10).
- (2018) Measurement and implications of the distance between the sphenopalatine ganglion and nasal mucosa: a neuroimaging study. The Journal of Headache and Pain. vol. 19:14.
- (2017) Depicting the pterygopalatine ganglion on 3 Tesla magnetic resonance images. Surgical and Radiologic Anatomy.
- (2017) Real-time phase recognition in novel needle-based intervention: A multi-operator feasibility study. Progress in Biomedical Optics and Imaging. vol. 10135.
- (2016) Pilot study of sphenopalatine injection of onabotulinumtoxinA for the treatment of intractable chronic migraine. Cephalalgia. vol. 37 (4).
- (2015) Pilot study of sphenopalatine injection of onabotulinumtoxinA for the treatment of intractable chronic cluster headache. Cephalalgia. vol. 36 (6).