Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Critical and diverse roles of phosphates in human bone formation. Journal of materials chemistry. B. vol. 7 (47).
- (2019) Formation of Hydroxyapatite via Transformation of Amorphous Calcium Phosphate in the Presence of Alginate Additives. Crystal Growth & Design. vol. 19 (12).
- (2019) Local structure of Ca2+ alginate hydrogels gelled via competitive ligand exchange and measured by small angle X-ray scattering. Gels. vol. 5 (1).
- (2017) Transformation of brushite to hydroxyapatite and effects of alginate additives. Journal of Crystal Growth. vol. 468.
- (2016) Diagenesis-inspired Reaction of Magnesium Ions with Surface Enamel Mineral Modifies Properties of Human Teeth. Acta Biomaterialia. vol. 37.
- (2016) Competitive ligand exchange of crosslinking ions for ionotropic hydrogel formation. Journal of materials chemistry. B. vol. 4 (37).
- (2016) DCPD-alginate composites: a bioactive material for bone tissue engineering. Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology.
- (2016) Controlled mineralisation and recrystallisation of brushite within alginate hydrogels. Biomedical Materials. vol. 11 (1).
- (2016) A correlative spatiotemporal microscale study of calcium phosphate formation and transformation within an alginate hydrogel matrix. Acta Biomaterialia. vol. 44.
- (2016) Gelling kinetics and in situ mineralization of alginate hydrogels: A correlative spatiotemporal characterization toolbox. Acta Biomaterialia. vol. 44.
- (2016) Versatile, cell and chip friendly method to gel alginate in microfluidic devices. Lab on a Chip. vol. 16 (19).
- (2015) Dissolution of copper mineral phases in biological fluids and the controlled release of copper ions from mineralized alginate hydrogels. Biomedical Materials. vol. 10 (1).
- (2015) Design and development of a 3D printed PLA tissue engineering scaffold functionalized with alginate microbeads. European Cells and Materials. vol. 29.
- (2015) Raman and SEM characterization of early stage calcium phosphate mineral formation in an alginate matrix. European Cells and Materials. vol. 29.
- (2015) Elucidating the individual effects of calcium and phosphate ions on hMSCs by using composite materials. Acta Biomaterialia. vol. 17.
- (2015) Nucleation and Growth of Brushite in the Presence of Alginate. Crystal Growth & Design. vol. 15 (11).
- (2014) A new class of bioactive glasses: Calcium-magnesium sulfophosphates. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research. Part A. vol. 102 (8).
- (2014) Self-assembled photoactive heterojunction phase gradient. Journal of Materials Chemistry A. vol. 2 (23).
- (2014) Osseointegration of dental implants in 3D-printed synthetic onlay grafts customized according to bone metabolic activity in recipient site. Biomaterials. vol. 35 (21).
- (2013) Control of calcium carbonate mineralisation using biopolymeric templates. European Cells and Materials. vol. 26.