Background and activities
Main Research Activities:
- Robust Networking for Challenging and Remote Environments
- Connectivity in the Internet of Things
- Computer Networking
- Software-Defined Networking
- Mobile Ad-hoc Networking
- Delay/Disruptive-Tolerant Networking
- Cloud Computing
- Distributed Systems
- Preparation of Research Proposals
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Enabling the Maritime Internet of Things: CoAP and 6LoWPAN performance over VHF links. IEEE Internet of Things Journal.
- (2018) Survey on Communication and Networks for Autonomous Marine Systems. Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems.
- (2017) Fog Computing in Healthcare – A Review and Discussion. IEEE Access. vol. 5.
- (2017) Unmanned Aerial Vehicles as Data Mules: An Experimental Assessment. IEEE Access. vol. 5.
- (2016) Edge caching with mobility prediction in virtualized LTE mobile networks. Future generations computer systems. vol. 70.
Part of book/report
- (2017) Solar Energy Prediction for Constrained IoT Nodes based on Public Weather Forecasts. IoT 2017: the Seventh International Conference on the Internet of Things.
- (2017) CityFlow, enabling quality of service in the Internet: Opportunities, challenges, and experimentation. Proceedings of the IM 2017 - 2017 IFIP/IEEE International Symposium on Integrated Network Management.
- (2016) A mobile follow-me cloud content caching model. Proceedings of NOMS 2016 - 2016 IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium.
- (2016) Enabling a Mobility Prediction-Aware Follow-Me Cloud Model. Proceedings 2016 IEEE 41st Conference on Local Computer Networks (LCN) 2016.