Didrik René Småbråten
Background and activities
Didrik is an alumni from the research group Functional Materials and Materials Chemistry Research Group (FACET).
During his time at FACET, he investigated the coupling between defect chemistry and functional properties in ferroelectrica and 2D-materials by first principles density funtional theory (DFT) calculations.
Main advisor: Sverre Magnus Selbach.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Defect-Enhanced Polarization Switching in the Improper Ferroelectric LuFeO3. Advanced Materials. vol. 32 (23).
- (2020) Conductivity control via minimally invasive anti-Frenkel defects in a functional oxide. Nature Materials. vol. 19.
- (2020) Application of a long short-term memory for deconvoluting conductance contributions at charged ferroelectric domain walls. npj Computational Materials. vol. 6.
- (2020) Very sharp diffraction peak in nonglass-forming liquid with the formation of distorted tetraclusters. NPG Asia Materials. vol. 12.
- (2020) Tailoring the electrical conductivity and hardening in BiFeO3 ceramics. Journal of the European Ceramic Society. vol. 40 (15).
- (2020) Intrinsic and extrinsic conduction contributions at nominally neutral domain walls in hexagonal manganites. Applied Physics Letters.
- (2020) Intrinsic and extrinsic conduction contributions at nominally neutral domain walls in hexagonal manganites. Applied Physics Letters. vol. 116:262903 (26).
- (2020) Domain wall mobility and roughening in doped ferroelectric hexagonal manganites. Physical Review Research. vol. 2 (3).
- (2020) First-principles study of topologically protected vortices and ferroelectric domain walls in hexagonal YGaO3. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 102.
- (2019) Pure and Zr-doped YMnO3+δ as a YSZ-compatible SOFC cathode: a combined computational and experimental approach. Journal of Materials Chemistry A. vol. 7 (31).
- (2018) Electronic bulk and domain wall properties in B-site doped hexagonal ErMnO3. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 97 (8).
- (2018) Oxygen vacancies in the bulk and at neutral domain walls in hexagonal YMnO3. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 98 (18).
- (2018) Charged domain walls in improper ferroelectric hexagonal manganites and gallates. PHYSICAL REVIEW MATERIALS. vol. 2 (11).
- (2018) Defect chemistry and ferroelectric domain walls in hexagonal manganites. 2018. ISBN 978-82-326-3317-3.
- (2014) Modeling of electrochemical and photoelectrochemical impedance functions for films. 2014.