Background and activities
Researcher, participant in NASCENCE project, CARD group, IDI
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Dynamics in Carbon Nanotubes for In-Materio Computation. International Journal On Advances in Systems and Measurements. vol. 9 (1, 2).
- (2011) Adaptation in Tissue Sustained by Hormonal Loops. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 5777.
- (2011) Autonomous adaptation inspired by the model of a minimal living system provided by chemoton theory. Nano Communication Networks. vol. 2 (2-3).
Part of book/report
- (2017) Evolution-in-materio computations: Hierarchies rising from electron dynamics in carbon nanotubes. Proceedings of the European Conference on Artificial Life 2017.
- (2016) A hierarchical view on Evolution-In-Materio computations. Proc. of 2016 IEEE Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence (SSCI).
- (2016) An Explanation of Computation - Collective Electrodynamics in Blobs of Carbon Nanotubes. 9th EAI International Conference on Bio-inspired Information and Communications Technologies (formerly BIONETICS).
- (2015) Bringing Colours to the Black Box - A Novel Approach to Explaining Materials for Evolution-in-Materio. FUTURE COMPUTING 2015, The Seventh International Conference on Future Computational Technologies and Applications.
- (2015) Is There Chaos in Blobs of Carbon Nanotubes Used to Perform Computation?. FUTURE COMPUTING 2015, The Seventh International Conference on Future Computational Technologies and Applications.
- (2010) Achieving Robustness in Adaptive Systems - Can Hierarchies Help?. ICAART 2010, 2nd International Conference on Agents and Artificial Intelligence, Proceedings.
- (2010) Autonomous Adaptive Cell in Silicon Inspired by a Model of Minimal Living System. Proceedings of the 5th International ICST Conference on Bio-Inspired Models of Network, Information, and Computing Systems.
- (2010) Improving Robustness to Environmental Fluctuations - Dynamical Hierarchies Included. Computation World 2010.
- (2009) Adapting to Fluctuating Environments - Learning from Living Systems. Proceedings of the First Norwegian Artificial Intelligence Symposium.
- (2009) LIVING SYSTEMS’ ORGANISATION AND PROCESSES FOR ACHIEVING ADAPTATION Principles to Borrow from Biology. Proceeding of the Internationl Joint Conference on Computational Inteligence.
- (2009) Stochastic Adaptation to Environmental Changes Supported by Endocrine System Principles. 2009 NASA/ESA Conference on Adaptive Hardware and Systems, Proceedings.
- (2007) Extreme Temperature Electronics - From Materials to Bio-inspired Adaptation. 2007 NASA/ESA Conference on Adaptive Hardware and Systems, Poceedings.
- (2007) Extreme Temperature Electronics Adaptability Based on Hormonal System Regulation. Proceedings of the Seventh International Workshop on Information Processing in Cells and Tissues 2007.
- (2011) A Novel Framework for Achieving Adaptation in Man-Made Systems Inspired by the Organisation of Living Systems. 2011. ISBN 978-82-471-2706-3.
- (2011) A novel framework for achieving adaptation in man-made systems inspired by the organization of living systems. 2011.