Edd Anders Blekkan
Background and activities
Edd Blekkan is professor specializing in catalysis.
Edd Blekkan has an MSc in Industrial chemistry, NTH 1981, and a Dr.-ing.-degree in Industrial chemistry, from NTH in 1985.
- Head of department, Dep. of Chemical Engineering, NTNU (2013-2017)
- Professor Industrial Chemistry, Chemical Engineering NTH/NTNU (1995-)
- Associate professor Industrial chemistry NTH (1988-1995)
- Advisor to SINTEF (1988-2013)
- Visiting professor, Univ. of Cambridge (2010)
- Visiting professor, University of Cardiff (2005)
- Visiting researcher, Statoil (Trondheim) and Borealis (Porsgrunn) (2000)
- Head of Department, Department of Industrial Chemistry, NTNU (1998)
- Deputy Head, Department of Industrial Chemistry, NTNU/NTH (1991- 1997)
- Visiting professor, Université Louis Pasteur, Strasbourg, France (1992-93)
- Research Scientist, SINTEF Applied Chemistry, Trondheim, Norway (1982-1984 and 1987-88)
- Postdoc, University of Reading, UK (1986)
Research fellow, NTH, Dep. of Industrial Chemistry (1985)
Elected Member, Norwegian Academy of Technological Sciences (NTVA) and the Royal Norwegian Society of Science and Letters (DKNVS)
- Heterogeneous catalysis
- Natural gas conversion
- Oil refining
- Biofuels and biorefineries
- Process technology.
Teaching and Supervision
- Teacher at all levels in Chemical Engineering (Introduction to Chemical Engineering (year 1-3), specialist courses in Chemical Engineering and catalysis/Petrochemistry and Gas Conversion (year 4-5) as well as PhD-level courses in Heterogeneous Catalysis, and project based education.
- Supervisor and co-supervisor for about 20 Dr.-Ing./PhD-students, 50 diploma-students (MSc thesis) and 100+ project students.
- Award for teaching excellence (NTNU NT-faculty, 2009).