Background and activities
Egil Eide (1966) is Associate Professor at the Department of Electronic Systems. He is a member of the Circuit and Radio Systems Group. Eide has a MSc and a PhD in Electrical Engineering from NTNU.
Antennas, radar and remote sensing systems, autonomous ships, ultra-wideband radar systems, radio system design, signal processing, 3-D imaging techniques, ground penetrating radar and antennas, seismic data processing, satellite and radionavigation systems.
Recent Work Experience
- 2014- Managing Director, 3d-Radar AS, Trondheim
- 2012- Chief Scientist, 3d-Radar AS, Trondheim
- 2011- Adjunct Professor II, Dept. of Electronics and Telecommunications, NTNU, teaching 4th year course in Antenna Engineering
- 2001-2012 CEO and founder of the company 3d-Radar AS, Trondheim
- US Patent No. 7,170,449: “Antenna system for Georadar”, 30 January 2007
- WO 2013/051945 A1 (pending): "Ground penetrating radar antenna", Priority Date: 7 October 2011
- Cost Action TU1208, "Civil Engineering Applications of Ground Penetrating Radar", Norwegian representative in the Management Committee
- 2011 Technoport Applied Technology Award, Trondheim, Norway (3d-Radar AS)
- 2010 NHO Trøndelag Innovation Award (3d-Radar AS)
- 2010 Norwegian Gazelle Award for fastest growing company (3d-Radar AS)
- 2002 SND Reodor Statuett for Final Ranking in National Innovation Competition
- 2001 Venture Cup 2001 Phase I Award for 3d-Radar business plan
- 1997 Young Scientist Award at Studiemøtet for Elektronikk, Sandefjord, Norway
- TFE4590 - Electronic Systems Design, Specialization Project
- FE8150 - Nonlinear Modelling and Remote Sensing
- TFE4595 - Electronic Systems Design, Specialization Course
- TTT4215 - Antenna Engineering
- TTT4145 - Radio Communications
- TTT4280 - Sensors and Instrumentation
- FE8122 - PhD Seminar in Circuit and Radio Systems Design
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Dual-Band Dual-Polarized Massive MIMO Array for Maritime Applications. IEEE Sensors Letters. vol. 6 (1).
- (2021) Spatio-temporal distribution of sea-ice thickness using a machine learning approach with Google Earth Engine and Sentinel-1 GRD data. Remote Sensing of Environment. vol. 270.
- (2020) Autoferry Gemini: a real-time simulation platform for electromagnetic radiation sensors on autonomous ships. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering.
- (2020) Simple triple-mode dual-polarized dipole antenna with small frequency separation ratio. IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters. vol. 19 (2).
- (2019) Effective Channel Hardening in an Indoor Multiband Scenario. International Journal of Wireless Information Networks.
- (2019) Zero-Emission Autonomous Ferries for Urban Water Transport: Cheaper, Cleaner Alternative to Bridges and Manned Vessels. IEEE Electrification Magazine. vol. 7 (4).
- (2018) Development of a Dynamic Positioning System for the ReVolt Model Ship. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 51 (29).
- (2000) Ultra-wideband transmit/receive antenna pair for ground penetrating radar. IEE Proceedings - Microwaves Antennas and Propagation. vol. Vol. 147 (No. 3).
Part of book/report
- (2020) Compressive Sensing on Three Dimensional SFCW Ground-Penetrating Radar. 2020 9th Mediterranean Conference on Embedded Computing (MECO).
- (2019) High-speed Vehicle-to-Vehicle Radio Channel Characteristics for Suburban and Municipal Lake Region at 5.9 GHz. 2019 13th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP 2019).
- (2004) Evaluation of Methods for Ground Bounce Removal in GPR Utility Mapping. Proceedings of the tenth International Conference on Ground Penetrating Radar - GPR 2004.
- (2001) Undersøkelse av ballast under jernbane ved hjelp av georadar. 2001.
- (2000) Radar Imaging of Small Objects Closely Below the Earth Surface. 2000. ISBN 82-7984-098-2.