Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) A spectrally-resolved light propagation model for aquatic systems: Steps toward parameterizing primary production. Journal of Marine Systems. vol. 130.
- (2014) Optical properties of CDOM across the Polar Front in the Barents Sea: Origin, distribution and significance. Journal of Marine Systems. vol. 130.
- (2014) Optical impact of an Emiliania huxleyi bloom in the frontal region of the Barents Sea. Journal of Marine Systems. vol. 130.
- (2014) Accounting for the occupation of the marine environment as a natural resource in life cycle assessment: An exergy based approach. Resources, Conservation and Recycling. vol. 91.
- (2013) Phytoplankton production and growth regulation in the Subarctic North Atlantic: A comparative study of the Labrador Sea-Labrador/Newfoundland shelves and Barents/Norwegian/Greenland seas and shelves. Progress in Oceanography. vol. 114.
- (2013) Microbial biogeography during austral summer 2007 in the surface waters around the South Shetland Islands, Antarctica. Aquatic Microbial Ecology. vol. 70.
- (2010) Natural iron enrichment around the Antarctic Peninsula in the Southern Ocean. Biogeosciences. vol. 7 (1).
- (2009) Transregional linkages in the North-Eastern Atlantic - an end-to-end analysis of pelagic ecosystems. Oceanography and Marine Biology: An Annual Review. vol. 47.
- (2008) Rate of O2 production derived from pulse-amplitude-modulated fluorescence: Testing three biooptical approaches against measured O2-production rate. Journal of Phycology. vol. 44 (3).
- (2007) Biooptical characteristics of PSII and PSI in 33 species (13 pigment groups) of marine phytoplankton, and the relevance for pulse-amplitude-modulated and fast-repetition-rate fluorometry. Journal of Phycology. vol. 43.
- (2006) Climate variability and physical forcing of the food webs and the carbon budget on panarctic shelves. Progress in Oceanography. vol. 71.
- (2006) Photosynthesis-induced phosphate precipitation in seawater: ecological implications for phytoplankton. Marine Ecology Progress Series. vol. 319.
- (2004) Iron enrichment and photoreduction of iron under PAR and UV in the presence of hydrocarboxylic acid: Implications for phytoplankton growth in the Southern Ocean. Deep-Sea Research Part II: Topical Studies in Oceanography. vol. 51.
- (2002) Iron speciation in the Trondheim fjord from the perspective of iron limitation for phytoplankton. Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science. vol. 55.
- (2001) (Proceedings of the 9th International conference on Harmful Algal Blooms. Hobart, Tasmania, 7-11 February 20). Structuration of marine phytoplankton communities subjected to different levels of N, P and Si limitation in a mesocosm experiment (summary paper). Phycologia.
- (2001) (Proceedings of the 9th International conference on Harmful Algal Blooms. Hobart, Tasmania, 7-11 February 2000.) Effect of polyamines on growth and toxicity of Chrysochromulina leadbeateri, Haptophytae. Phycologia.
- (1997) The significance of intracellular self-shading on the bio-optical properties of brown, red and green macroalgal species. Journal of Phycology. vol. 33.
- (1997) The significance of intracellular self-shadingon the bio-optical properties of brown, red and green macroalgal species. Journal of Phycology. vol. 33.
- (1997) Parameters of photosynthesis: definitions, theory and interpretation of results. Journal of Plankton Research. vol. 19.
- (1996) Light harvesting in bloom-forming marine phytoplankton: Species-specifity and photoacclimation,. Scientia Marina. vol. 60 (Supl. 1).