Background and activities
Professor at NTNU and pediatric anesthesiologist at St.Olav's University Hospital.
Head of the board of the Norwegian Cardiac Arrest Registry.
Tasks and areas of interest at NTNU:
- Vice head for research at ISB
- Research in the fields of anesthesiology, emergency medicine and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR); part of the research group for clinical circulatory physiology.
- Clinical teaching in anaesthesiology, emergency medicine and pediatrics.
Website for course in Pediatric emergencies (stadium IID)
- Medical statistics in general
- Analysis and modelling the patient's clinical course during CPR
- Course supervisor for KLMED8008: Analysis of repeated measurements:
- Member of the board of the Norwegian Cardiac Arrest registry:
CV in brief:
- MD 1985, certified anesthesiologist 1993, PhD 2000, certified pediatrician 2005.
- Clinical work as anesthesiologist and pediatrician at St Olav's University Hospital since 1991.
- Researcher, teacher and supervisor for students (Master and PhD) at NTNU since 1994.
- Head of the Resuscitation Committee at St Olav's Hospital 2008-2019.
- Visiting professor at the University of Pennsylvania, USA, fall 2017.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Cardiac arrest as a reportable condition: A cohort study of the first 6 years of the Norwegian out-of-hospital cardiac arrest registry. BMJ Open. vol. 10 (7).
- (2019) Methadone serum concentrations and influencing factors: A naturalistic observational study. Psychopharmacology. vol. 236.
- (2019) Rhythm characteristics and patterns of change during cardiopulmonary resuscitation for in-hospital paediatric cardiac arrest. Resuscitation. vol. 135.
- (2019) The effect of intravenous adrenaline on electrocardiographic changes during resuscitation in patients with initial pulseless electrical activity in out of hospital cardiac arrest. Resuscitation. vol. 136.
- (2018) Compliance with a national standard by Norwegian helicopter emergency physicians. Air Medical Journal. vol. 37 (1).
- (2018) When do trauma patients lose temperature? - a prospective observational study. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. vol. 62 (3).
- (2018) ECG changes during resuscitation of patients with initial pulseless electrical activity are associated with return of spontaneous circulation. Resuscitation. vol. 127.
- (2018) How to find all out-of-hospital cardiac arrests (OHCA) that fill the inclusion criteria in the Norwegian cardiac arrest registry. Resuscitation. vol. 130.
- (2017) Effects of age and gender on the serum levels of clozapine, olanzapine, risperidone, and quetiapine. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica. vol. 136 (5).
- (2017) Reduced reactive hyperemia may explain impaired flow-mediated dilation after on-pump cardiac surgery. Physiological Reports. vol. 5 (10).
- (2017) Hvorfor dør barn ved uplanlagte fødsler utenfor sykehus?. Gynekologen.
- (2017) Why babies die in unplanned out-of-institution births: An enquiry into perinatal deaths in Norway 1999-2013. Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica. vol. 96 (3).
- (2017) On predicting time to completion for the first stage of spontaneous labor at term in multiparous women. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth. vol. 17.
- (2017) Changes in drug disposition of lithium during pregnancy: A retrospective observational study of patient data from two routine therapeutic drug monitoring services in Norway. BMJ Open. vol. 7 (3).
- (2017) Treatment with antipsychotics in pregnancy: changes in drug disposition. Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics. vol. 103 (3).
- (2017) Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and venlafaxine in pregnancy: Changes in drug disposition. PLOS ONE. vol. 12 (7).
- (2016) ECG patterns in early pulseless electrical activity-Associations with aetiology and survival of in-hospital cardiac arrest. Resuscitation. vol. 104.
- (2016) Synchronizing thermodilution cardiac output measurements with spontaneous breathing does not improve precision. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. vol. 60 (3).
- (2016) Minimally invasive beat-by-beat monitoring of cardiac power in normal hearts and during acute ventricular dysfunction. Physiological Reports. vol. 4:e12989 (19).
- (2016) Intracranial Pressure During Pressure Control and Pressure-Regulated Volume Control Ventilation in Patients with Traumatic Brain Injury: A Randomized Crossover trial. Neurocritical Care. vol. 24 (3).