Background and activities
Professor at NTNU and pediatric anesthesiologist at St.Olav's University Hospital.
Head of the Resuscitation Committee at St. Olav's University Hospital and of the board of the Norwegian Cardiac Arrest Registry.
Tasks and areas of interest at NTNU:
- Vice head for research at ISB
- Research in the fields of anesthesiology, emergency medicine and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR); part of the research group for clinical circulatory physiology.
- Clinical teaching in anaesthesiology, emergency medicine and pediatrics.
Website for course in Pediatric emergencies (stadium IID)
- Medical statistics in general
- Analysis and modelling the patient's clinical course during CPR
- Course supervisor for KLMED8008: Analysis of repeated measurements:
- Member of the board of the Norwegian Cardiac Arrest registry:
- MD 1985, certified anesthesiologist 1993, PhD 2000, certified pediatrician 2005.
- Clinical work as anesthesiologist and pediatrician at St Olav's University Hospital since 1991.
- Researcher, teacher and supervisor for students (Master and PhD) at NTNU since 1994.
- Visiting professor at the University of Pennsylvania, USA, fall 2017.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Compliance with a national standard by Norwegian helicopter emergency physicians. Air Medical Journal. vol. 37 (1).
- (2018) When do trauma patients lose temperature? - a prospective observational study. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. vol. 62 (3).
- (2018) ECG changes during resuscitation of patients with initial pulseless electrical activity are associated with return of spontaneous circulation. Resuscitation. vol. 127.
- (2018) How to find all out-of-hospital cardiac arrests (OHCA) that fill the inclusion criteria in the Norwegian cardiac arrest registry. Resuscitation. vol. 130.
- (2017) Effects of age and gender on the serum levels of clozapine, olanzapine, risperidone, and quetiapine. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica. vol. 136 (5).
- (2017) Reduced reactive hyperemia may explain impaired flow-mediated dilation after on-pump cardiac surgery. Physiological Reports. vol. 5 (10).
- (2017) Hvorfor dør barn ved uplanlagte fødsler utenfor sykehus?. Gynekologen.
- (2017) Why babies die in unplanned out-of-institution births: An enquiry into perinatal deaths in Norway 1999-2013. Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica. vol. 96 (3).
- (2017) On predicting time to completion for the first stage of spontaneous labor at term in multiparous women. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth. vol. 17.
- (2017) Changes in drug disposition of lithium during pregnancy: A retrospective observational study of patient data from two routine therapeutic drug monitoring services in Norway. BMJ Open. vol. 7 (3).
- (2017) Treatment with antipsychotics in pregnancy: changes in drug disposition. Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics. vol. 103 (3).
- (2017) Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and venlafaxine in pregnancy: Changes in drug disposition. PLoS ONE. vol. 12 (7).
- (2016) ECG patterns in early pulseless electrical activity-Associations with aetiology and survival of in-hospital cardiac arrest. Resuscitation. vol. 104.
- (2016) Synchronizing thermodilution cardiac output measurements with spontaneous breathing does not improve precision. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. vol. 60 (3).
- (2016) Minimally invasive beat-by-beat monitoring of cardiac power in normal hearts and during acute ventricular dysfunction. Physiological Reports. vol. 4:e12989 (19).
- (2016) Intracranial Pressure During Pressure Control and Pressure-Regulated Volume Control Ventilation in Patients with Traumatic Brain Injury: A Randomized Crossover trial. Neurocritical Care. vol. 24 (3).
- (2015) Recognizing the causes of in-hospital cardiac arrest - A survival benefit. Resuscitation. vol. 97.
- (2015) Causes of in-hospital cardiac arrest - Incidences and rate of recognition. Resuscitation. vol. 87.
- (2015) Effect of proton pump inhibitors on the serum concentrations of the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors citalopram, escitalopram, and sertraline. Therapeutic Drug Monitoring. vol. 37 (1).
- (2015) The precision of pulmonary artery catheter bolus thermodilution cardiac output measurements varies with the clinical situation. Journal of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia. vol. 29 (4).