Background and activities
2013-2017: PhD-study: Title of project: Students with disabilities in higher educations. Supervisor: Associate Professor Eva Magnus, NTNU
2006-11: MSc in Disability Studies, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Trondheim. Master thesis about patient participation within acquired brain injury in ward rehabilitation.
1985-87: BSc from Occupational Therapy College, Trondheim
1988-1997: Working as an occupational therapist within community health and rehabilitation service, general physical in-ward rehabilitation, and at a mental health care clinic.
1997-2013: St. Olavs Hospital in Trondheim, Clinic of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation: working as OT in multidisciplinary rehabilitation team serving persons suffering from acquired brain injury, providing both individual and group-based interventions in early and late phase of rehabilitation. Being in charge of implementing Constraint-Induced Movement Therapy at the ward together with physio colleague.
Publications and Presentations
Langørgen, E. & Magnus, E. (2015). To be or not to be…Transitioning through higher education: How students with disabilities are building images. NNDR Conference, Bergen, Norway, 6-8th May 2015. Conference paper.
Langørgen, E., & Magnus, E. (2015). Students with impairment – are they disabled in higher education? International Conference named Building Bridges between yesterday and tomorrow, Stockholm, Sweden, 13-15th May 2014. Conference paper.
Langørgen, E., & Magnus, E. (2014). Students with disabilities in professional courses. NNFF Forskningskonferanse, Lillehammer, Norway, 5th-6 May 2014. Conference paper (presentation in Norwegian at Norwegian network of disability research).
Stock, R., Thrane, G., Askim, T., Karlsen, G., Langørgen, E., Erichsen, A., Gjone, R., & Anke, A. (2015). Norwegian constraint-induced therapy multisite trial: Adherence to the treatment protocol applied early after stroke. Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine, 2015:47(9). http://www.medicaljournals.se/jrm/content/?doi=10.2340/16501977-2000
Langørgen, E. (2014). ‘You shouldn’t make appointments about med, but with me!’ – experiences from patient participation within acquired brain injury rehabilitation. Ergoterapeuten, 2014:3 (article published in Norwegian in the Norwegian OT Journal).http://www.ergoterapeuten.no/fag-og-vitenskap/vitenskapelige-artikler
Langørgen, E. (2011). ‘You shouldn’t make appointments about med, but with me!’ – experiences from patient participation within acquired brain injury rehabilitation. Master thesis, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) (thesis published in Norwegian).
Dahl, A.E., Askim, T., Stock, R., Langørgen, E., Lydersen, S., & Indredavik, B. (2008). Short-and long-term outcome of constraint-induced movement therapy after stroke: a randomized controlled feasibility trial. Clinical Rehabilitation, 2008:22(5):436. http://cre.sagepub.com/content/22/5/436.long
Langørgen, E. & Stock, R. (2007). Experiences from Constraint-Induced Movement Therapy to adult stroke patients. Ergoterapeuten, 2007:9 (article in Norwegian published in the Norwegian OT Journal).
Dahl, A., Askim, T., Stock, R., Langørgen, E. & Indredavik, B. (2006). Constraint-Induced Movement Therapy. Fysioterapeuten, 2006:1 (article in Norwegian published in Norwegian PT Journal).
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) 'I have something to contribute to working life' - students with disabilities showcasing employability while on practical placement. Journal of Education and Work. vol. 33 (4).
- (2018) Gatekeeping in professional higher education in Norway:ambivalence among academic staff and placement supervisors towards students with disabilities. International Journal of Inclusive Education.
- (2018) 'We are just ordinary people working hard to reach our goals!' Disabled students' participation in Norwegian higher education. Disability & Society. vol. 33 (4).
- (2015) Norwegian constraint-induced therapy multisite trial: Adherence to treatment protocol applied early after stroke. Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine. vol. 47 (9).
- (2014) Dere skal ikke lage avtaler om meg, men med meg! Om erfaringer fra brukermedvirkning i rehabilitering etter ervervet hjerneskade. Ergoterapeuten.
- (2019) Funksjonshemming og profesjonsutdanninger i lys av studenter, lærere og praksisveilederes erfaringer. En kvalitativ studie. 2019. ISBN 978-82-326-4036-2.