Background and activities
Elli is associate professor at the Department of Industrial Economics and Technology management, Faculty of Economics and Management, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU).
With a background in industrial design, her focus areas in research and teaching are
- sustainable design, innovation and entrepreneurship
- innovation and sustainability integration in SMEs and
- integration of sustainability in higher education
Common features in her work are the focus on soft skills in innovation and integration processes, the development of methods and tools to support such processes, and the connection between academia and industry.
She is part of the core team in the focus area Engage Educator and part of the management team of SFU Engage, the Centre for Engaged Education through Entrepreneurship. From 2017-2020, she led a work package in the Digifab project, which focuses on supporting Norwegian SMEs to move towards Industry 4.0 through strategic roadmapping.
Previously, she worked at different universities and innovation consultancies in Norway (NTNU), UK (University of Cambridge) and Belgium (University Antwerp, Thomas More University College, shiftN) and was guest lecturer in amongst others Spain and the Netherlands.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2019) FM perceptions on occupant impact and the shaping of occupant engagement practice. Facilities. vol. 37 (11/12).
- (2017) Professional development of sustainability competences in higher education: the role of empowerment. International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education. vol. 18 (5).
- (2017) Ambitions at work: Professional practices and the energy performance of non-residential buildings in Norway. Energy Research & Social Science. vol. 32.
- (2015) Fostering the incorporation of sustainable development in higher education. Lessons learned from a change management perspective. Journal of Cleaner Production. vol. 106.
- (2015) Development of a hands-on toolkit to support integration of ecodesign in engineering programmes. Journal of Cleaner Production. vol. 108 (A).
- (2014) Employee Empowerment for Sustainable Design. Journal of Corporate Citizenship.
- (2012) Bringing about Sustainable Change in Product Development: Theory versus Practice. IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology. vol. 384.
- (2012) The role of human factors in the adoption of sustainable design criteria in business: evidence from Belgian and Dutch case studies. International Journal of Innovation and Sustainable Development. vol. 6 (2).
- (2019) Eksperter i team 2020. Håndbok for landsbyledere og læringsassistenter. 2019. ISBN 9788279842125.
Part of book/report
- (2016) The 'Nordic Approach' and how it may support Design for Sustainability. Proceedings of NordDesign 2016.
- (2016) Reflection and reflexivity about an introductory design course. Design Education: Collaboration and Cross-Disciplinarity. Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Engineering and Product Design Education, Aalborg University, Denmark, 8th-9th September 2016.
- (2016) Achieving Readiness for Change for Successful Implementation of Service Design Projects: Learning from Change Management. Proceedings of NordDesign 2016.
- (2016) People and Activities in Energy Efficient Buildings: Comparative Study of User, Owner and Facilities Management Perspectives in Schools. Proceedings of the CIB World Building Congress 2016 Volume II Environmental opportunities and challenges, constructing, commitment and acknowledging human experiences.
- (2015) Practice-oriented research into energy management and use in non-residential buildings: the reliability gap framework. eceee Summer Study proceedings. eceee 2015 Summer Study First fuel now.
- (2015) How to incorporate Sustainable Design in the International European Project semester programme: Insights from practice. Great expectations : design teaching, research & enterprise : proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Engineering and Product Design Education, Loughborough Design School, University of Loughborough, United Kingdom, 3rd-4th September 2015.
- (2012) Implementation of sustainable innovations and business models. Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Sustainability.
- (2011) Sustainable design strategies in practice and their influence on business models. Design for Innovative Value Towards a Sustainable Society. Proceedings of Ecodesign 2011: 7th International Symposium on Environmentally Conscious Design and Inverse Manufacturing.
- (2021) Entrepreneurial methods to support sustainable innovation. Its21 conference 2021 . DTU; Digital. 2021-06-23 - 2021-06-24.