Background and activities
Erik Hjelmås is Cand.mag (1994) in computer science (Hedmark regional college) and mathematics (Telemark regional college), M.Sc. (1996) in information science with AI plan of studies (University of Pittsburgh) and Dr. scient. (2005) in computer science with a thesis on face recognition (University of Oslo). He has been a faculty member at NTNU (formerly HiG) since 1996, and teaches the courses Operating Systems and Infrastructure: Secure Core Services, and has previously taught the courses Infrastructure As Code, System Administration, Data Communication and Network Security, Computer System Security, Artifical Intelligence, IT for teachers, and Introduction to Computer Science. He has published peer-reviewed papers in the field of face recognition, system administration, information security, and study program development. He has also had a key role in developing the cybersecurity group at NTNU campus Gjøvik, and is currently the local director for the B.Sc. in Digital Infrastructure and Cyber Security.
- DCSG1005 - Infrastructure: secure core services
- IDATG2202 - Operating Systems
- IMT3005 - Infrastructure as Code
- IIKG1001 - Cyber security and computer networks
- IMT3841 - IT Internship at CERN
- IDATT2202 - Operating Systems
- IMT4205 - Research Project Planning
- DCSG2900 - Bachelor Thesis Bachelor of Science in Digital Infrastructure and Cyber Security
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Endre passord hver 90. dag?. ComputerWorld Norge. vol. 34 (16).
- (2006) Face recognition issues in a border control environment. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 3832 (3832).
- (2001) Face Detection: A Survey. Computer Vision and Image Understanding. vol. 83.
- (2010) Norsk Informatikkonferanse. Tapir Akademisk Forlag. 2010. ISBN 978-82-519-2703-1. NIK: Norsk Informatikkonferanse (2010).
Part of book/report
- (2013) Advancing Digital Forensics. Information Assurance and Security Education and Training.
- (2011) A Common Framework for Scripting Tutorials. Norsk Informatikkonferanse NIK 2011.
- (2009) Integrating Information Assurance into System Administration. Proceedings of the 2009 Information Security South Africa Conference (ISSA 2009).
- (2006) Full-spectrum information security education: integrating B.Sc., M.Sc., and PhD. programs. Proceedings of the 3rd Annual Conference on Information Security Curriculum Development.
- (2006) Quantitative analysis of efficient antispam techniques. Proceedings from the Seventh Annual IEEE SMC Information Assurance Workshop.