Background and activities
Photo: Geir Mogen
Research area: Nanoscale charge transport and elementary excitations in low dimensional and magnetic systems, magnetic nanoparticle, instrument development.
Teknologie doktor in surface science/condensed matter physics: Chalmers University of Technology (2000)
Research activities and competence:
- Studies of magnetodynamics of metal oxides, magnonic structures and antiferromagnets. Primarily through ferromagnetic resonance (broadband and EPR based) and PIMM (Pulsed inductive microwave magnetometry)
- Studies of quantum interference effects in low dimensional materials such as graphite through STM based point contact spectroscopy.
- Characterisation of band structure of thin films systems/antiferromagnets through angle resolved phtotoemeission.
- Studies of magnetic nanoparticle systems and selfassembly of magentic nanoparticles in field.
- Instrumentation design and development: STM design (all custom built UHV LT STM), Broad band FMR characterisation (design of waveguide based set-ups and tehcniques).
Current teaching responsibilities:
Current administrative duties:
- Head of Department, Department of Physics, NTNU