Background and activities
Photo: Geir Mogen
Research area: Nanoscale charge transport and elementary excitations in low dimensional and magnetic systems, magnetic nanoparticle, instrument development.
Teknologie doktor in surface science/condensed matter physics: Chalmers University of Technology (2000)
Research activities and competence:
- Studies of magnetodynamics of metal oxides, magnonic structures and antiferromagnets. Primarily through ferromagnetic resonance (broadband and EPR based) and PIMM (Pulsed inductive microwave magnetometry)
- Studies of quantum interference effects in low dimensional materials such as graphite through STM based point contact spectroscopy.
- Characterisation of band structure of thin films systems/antiferromagnets through angle resolved phtotoemeission.
- Studies of magnetic nanoparticle systems and selfassembly of magentic nanoparticles in field.
- Instrumentation design and development: STM design (all custom built UHV LT STM), Broad band FMR characterisation (design of waveguide based set-ups and tehcniques).
Current teaching responsibilities:
Current administrative duties:
- Head of Department, Department of Physics, NTNU
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Magnetically Enhanced Mechanical Stability and Super-Size Effects in Self-Assembled Superstructures of Nanocubes. Advanced Functional Materials. vol. 29 (46).
- (2019) Magneto-dynamic properties of complex oxide—La0.7Sr0.3MnO3/SrTiO3— heterostructure interface. Applied Physics Letters. vol. 114 (22).
- (2017) Twinned-domain-induced magnonic modes in epitaxial LSMO/STO films. New Journal of Physics. vol. 19 (6).
- (2016) Thickness and temperature dependence of the magnetodynamic damping of pulsed laser deposited La0.7Sr0.3MnO3 on (111)-oriented SrTiO3. Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials. vol. 420.
- (2016) Describing synchronization and topological excitations in arrays of magnetic spin torque oscillators through the Kuramoto model. Scientific Reports. vol. 6.
- (2016) Eddy-current effects on ferromagnetic resonance: Spin wave excitations and microwave screening effects. Journal of Applied Physics. vol. 119 (16).
- (2015) One-dimensional spin texture of Bi(441): Quantum spin Hall properties without a topological insulator. Physical Review B. Condensed Matter and Materials Physics. vol. 91 (16).
- (2015) Arrays of elliptical Fe(001) nanoparticles: Magnetization reversal, dipolar interactions, and effects of finite array sizes. Physical Review B. Condensed Matter and Materials Physics. vol. 92 (9).
- (2015) Point contact investigations of film and interface magnetoresistance of La0.7Sr0.3MnO3 heterostructures on Nb:SrTiO3. Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials. vol. 374.
- (2015) Low-temperature growth of bismuth thin films with (111) facet on highly oriented pyrolytic graphite. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces. vol. 7 (16).
- (2014) Superspin glass state and exchange bias in amorphous Fe/Fe-O coreshell nanoparticles. Materials Research Express. vol. 1.
- (2014) Thickness dependence of dynamic and static magnetic properties of pulsed laser deposited La(0.7)Sr(0.3)MnO(3)films on SrTiO(3)(001). Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials. vol. 369.
- (2014) Tunability in Crystallinity and Magnetic Properties of Core–Shell Fe Nanoparticles. Particle & particle systems characterization. vol. 31.
- (2012) Iron-mediated growth of epitaxial graphene on SiC and diamond. Carbon. vol. 50 (14).
- (2012) Surface stoichiometry of La0.7Sr0.3MnO3 during in vacuo preparation; A synchrotron photoemission study. Surface Science. vol. 606 (17-18).
- (2012) Extracting the near surface stoichiometry of BiFe0.5Mn0.5O3 thin films; a finite element maximum entropy approach. Surface Science. vol. 606 (23-24).
- (2012) Consequences of High Adatom Energy during Pulsed Laser Deposition of La0.7Sr0.3MnO3. Crystal Growth & Design. vol. 12 (2).
- (2012) Training and recovery behaviors of exchange bias in FeNi/Cu/Co/FeMn spin valves at high field sweep rates. Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials. vol. 324 (19).