Background and activities
- GIS and geomatics in general
- modelling and specification of geographical information
- validation and quality assessment of information
- standardisation of geographic information
- building information modelling (BIM)
See also List of recent projects and reports
- PhD 2005: Norwegian University of Life Sciences, thesis title: Investigations into geographical data quality
- Master degree 1983, Agricultural University of Norway. Specialisation: Surveying/photogrammetry
- 2014 - d.d.: Gjøvik University College / Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Gjøvik, Norway, Accosiate professor, geomatics
- 2009 - 2014: Norwegian Mapping Authority, Hamar, Norway, Chief Engineer - Strategic/Technological development
- 1999 - 2009: Gjøvik University College, Gjøvik, Norway, Accosiate professor
- 1994 - 1999: Agricultural University of Norway, Ås, Norway, PhD-student
- 1990 - 1994: Gjøvik University College, Gjøvik, Norway, Assistant professor
- 1988 - 1989: Oslo municipality, Oslo, Norway, Surveying department
- 1983 - 1988: Fjellanger-Widerøe AS, Oslo, Norway, photogrammetry
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2020) State-of-the-Art Geospatial Information Processing in NoSQL Databases. ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information. vol. 9 (5).
- (2020) IFC Schemas in ISO/TC 211 Compliant UML for Improved Interoperability between BIM and GIS. ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information. vol. 9 (4).
- (2020) How do age structure and urban form influence household CO2 emissions in road transport? Evidence from municipalities in Norway in 2009, 2011 and 2013. Journal of Cleaner Production. vol. 265.
- (2019) Evaluating the Arctic SDI: An Assessment of the Foundations needed for Success. International Journal of Spatial Data Infrastructures Research. vol. 14.
- (2019) Adapted Rules for UML Modelling of Geospatial Information for Model-Driven Implementation as OWL Ontologies. ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information. vol. 8 (9).
- (2019) Information exchange between GIS and geospatial ITS databases based on a generic model. ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information. vol. 8 (3).
- (2017) “Building permits” as proof of concepts in merging GIS and BIM information: a case study. WIT Transactions on the Built Environment. vol. 169.
- (2017) Exploring subset profile and validation procedures of geographical markup language (GML) for 3D areal plan information. International Multidisciplinary Scientific GeoConference SGEM .... vol. 17 (21).
- (2019) Educating for a building and construction industry in transformation, by creating a real-life case-oriented master’s programme. Læringsfestivalen 2019/NTNU . NTNU; Trondheim. 2019-05-06 - 2019-05-07.
- (2016) 3D-modeller/BIM i plan- og byggesaker. Hva betyr dette for kommunene?. Geoforum - lokale kartdager for Hedmark og Oppland . Geoforum Hedmark og Oppland; Elverum. 2016-02-16 - 2016-02-17.
- (2016) Overgang til GML: Behov for ytterligere innstramminger i form av egen GML-profil. Norge digitalt/teknologiforum . Statens kartverk; Gardermoen. 2016-11-02 - 2016-11-03.