Background and activities
Academic Vascular Surgeon with daily research and clinical work. Interested in vascular wall biology, genes, exercise and clinical outcomes. Inventor of an unravelling stent
and a new vascular graft
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Long-Term Limb Salvage and Amputation-Free Survival After Femoropopliteal Bypass and Femoropopliteal PTA for Critical Ischemia in a Clinical Cohort. Vascular and Endovascular Surgery. vol. 53 (2).
- (2019) Symptoms of depression and risk of abdominal aortic aneurysm: A HUNT study. Journal of the American Heart Association. vol. 8 (21).
- (2019) Female sex hormones and risk of incident abdominal aortic aneurysm in Norwegian women in the HUNT study. Journal of Vascular Surgery. vol. 70 (5).
- (2019) Five-year results of endovascular aortic repair used according to instructions for use give a good general outcome for abdominal aortic aneurysm. SAGE Open Medicine. vol. 7.
- (2017) The National Norwegian Carotid Study: Time from symptom onset to surgery is too long, resulting in additional neurological events. European Journal of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery. vol. 54 (4).
- (2017) Patient Clothing - Practical Solution or Means of Imposing Anonymity?. Journal of Hospital & Medical Management. vol. 3 (22).
- (2017) Calf raise exercise increases walking performance in patients with intermittent claudication. Journal of Vascular Surgery. vol. 65 (5).
- (2017) Exercise in claudicants increase or decrease walking ability and the response relates to mitochondrial function. Journal of Translational Medicine. vol. 15 (130).
- (2016) A new removable airway stent. European Clinical Respiratory Journal. vol. 3 (1).
- (2016) Mitochondrial respiration after one session of calf raise exercise in patients with peripheral vascular disease and healthy older adults. PLOS ONE. vol. 11:e0165038 (10).
- (2013) Endovascular treatment of descending thoracic aortic disease. A single center experience. International Angiology. vol. 32 (6).