Espen Dyrnes Stabell
Background and activities
My academic interest is primarily in environmental ethics. More generally, I am interested in value theory, political philosophy, philosophy of economics, as well as metaethics and philosophical methodology.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Deep Sea Uncertainty: Studies in Environmental Ethics and Decision-Making. 2019. ISBN 978-82-326-4020-1. Doktoravhandlinger ved NTNU (2019:212).
- (2019) Existence Value, Preference Satisfaction, and the Ethics of Species Extinction. Environmental Ethics. vol. 41 (2).
- (2019) Hard Environmental Choices: Comparability, Justification, and the Argument from Moral Identity. Environmental Values.
- (2018) Precaution and Fairness: A Framework for Distributing Costs of Protection from Environmental Risks. Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Ethics. vol. 31 (1).
- (2017) Constraints on the Precautionary Principle and the Problem of Uncertainty. American Journal of Bioethics. vol. 17 (3).
- (2016) Evaluative Uncertainty in Ecosystem Assessment. 2016 IEEE International Symposium on Ethics in Engineering, Science and Technology (ETHICS).
- (2014) Responsibility: The first first virtue of innovation?. Nordicum-Mediterraneum. vol. 9 (4).