Espen Dyrnes Stabell
Background and activities
Espen D. Stabell's academic interest is primarily in environmental ethics and value theory. Further interests include political philosophy, philosophy of economics, philosophy of risk, as well as metaethics and philosophical methodology.
Stabell is a member of the International Society for Environmental Ethics (ISEE) and the American Philosophical Association (APA).
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Arguments from Need in Natural Resource Debates. Ethics, Policy & Environment.
- (2020) Land use quandaries. Etikk i praksis. vol. 14 (1).
- (2019) Deep Sea Uncertainty: Studies in Environmental Ethics and Decision-Making. 2019. ISBN 978-82-326-4020-1. Doktoravhandlinger ved NTNU (2019:212).
- (2019) Existence Value, Preference Satisfaction, and the Ethics of Species Extinction. Environmental Ethics. vol. 41 (2).
- (2019) Hard Environmental Choices: Comparability, Justification, and the Argument from Moral Identity. Environmental Values. vol. 30 (1).
- (2018) Precaution and Fairness: A Framework for Distributing Costs of Protection from Environmental Risks. Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Ethics. vol. 31 (1).
- (2017) Constraints on the Precautionary Principle and the Problem of Uncertainty. American Journal of Bioethics. vol. 17 (3).
- (2016) Evaluative Uncertainty in Ecosystem Assessment. 2016 IEEE International Symposium on Ethics in Engineering, Science and Technology (ETHICS).
- (2014) Responsibility: The first first virtue of innovation?. Nordicum-Mediterraneum. vol. 9 (4).