Per Grønaas Farup
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) The Peripheral Kynurenine Pathway and Psychosomatic Comorbidity in Subjects with Morbid Obesity Undergoing Bariatric Surgery. Applied Sciences. vol. 12 (5).
- (2022) APOE Polymorphism and Endocrine Functions in Subjects with Morbid Obesity Undergoing Bariatric Surgery. Genes. vol. 13 (2).
- (2021) Are faecal microbiota analyses on species-level suitable clinical biomarkers? A pilot study in subjects with morbid obesity. Microorganisms. vol. 9 (3).
- (2020) Changes in serum zonulin in individuals with morbid obesity after weight-loss interventions: a prospective cohort study. BMC Endocrine Disorders. vol. 20 (108).
- (2020) Are the Results of a Combined Behavioural and Surgical Treatment of Morbid Obesity Satisfactory and Predictable?. Nutrients. vol. 12 (7).
- (2020) APOE – a genetic marker of comorbidity in subjects with morbid obesity. BMC Medical Genetics. vol. 21 (146).
- (2020) Changes in Faecal Short-Chain Fatty Acids after Weight-Loss Interventions in Subjects with Morbid Obesity. Nutrients. vol. 12 (3).
- (2019) Changes in C-reactive protein, neopterin and lactoferrin differ after conservative and surgical weight loss in individuals with morbid obesity. Scientific Reports. vol. 9 (1).
- (2019) Are Nonnutritive Sweeteners Obesogenic? Associations between Diet, Faecal Microbiota, and Short-Chain Fatty Acids in Morbidly Obese Subjects. Journal of Obesity. vol. 2019.
- (2019) Irritable bowel syndrome-like symptoms and health related quality of life two years after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass - a prospective cohort study. BMC Gastroenterology. vol. 19:204.
- (2019) Effects of a fall prevention program in elderly: A pragmatic observational study in two orthopedic departments. Clinical Interventions in Aging. vol. 14.
- (2018) A conservative weight loss intervention relieves bowel symptoms in morbidly obese subjects with irritable bowel syndrome: a prospective cohort study. Journal of Obesity. vol. 2018:3732753.
- (2018) Evaluation of a faecal dysbiosis test for irritable bowel syndrome in subjects with and without obesity. Scandinavian Journal of Clinical and Laboratory Investigation. vol. 78 (1-2).
- (2018) Separating “good” from “bad” faecal dysbiosis – evidence from two cross-sectional studies. BMC Obesity. vol. 5.
- (2018) Faecal microbial markers and psychobiological disorders in subjects with morbid obesity. A cross-sectional study. Behavioral Sciences. vol. 8 (10).
- (2018) Changes in gastrointestinal symptoms and food tolerance 6 months following weight loss surgery: associations with dietary changes, weight loss and the surgical procedure. BMC Obesity. vol. 5.
- (2018) Is perceived intolerance to milk and wheat associated with the corresponding IgG and IgA food antibodies? A cross sectional study in subjects with morbid obesity and gastrointestinal symptoms. BMC Gastroenterology. vol. 18:22.
- (2017) Prevalence and predictors of irritable bowel syndrome in patients with morbid obesity: a cross-sectional study. BMC Obesity. vol. 4 (22).
- (2017) Functional Bowel Disorders Are Associated with a Central Immune Activation. Gastroenterology Research and Practice. vol. 2017.
- (2017) The Relationships among Tryptophan, Kynurenine, Indoleamine 2,3-Dioxygenase, Depression, and Neuropsychological Performance. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 8.