Jon Otto Fossum
Background and activities
Research area is soft and complex condensed matter physics: Experiments.
- FY8203 - Soft Condensed Matter
- FY8920 - Light, Neutron, and X-ray scattering
- TFY4203 - Soft Condensed Matter
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Bright, noniridescent structural coloration from clay mineral nanosheet suspensions. Science Advances. vol. 8 (4).
- (2021) CO2 Adsorption Enhanced by Tuning the Layer Charge in a Clay Mineral. Langmuir. vol. 37 (49).
- (2021) Water Dynamics in Composite Aqueous Suspensions of Cellulose Nanocrystals and a Clay Mineral Studied through Magnetic Resonance Relaxometry. Journal of Physical Chemistry B. vol. 125 (46).
- (2021) Experimental methods to study clay minerals and perspective applications of Fluorohectorite. Materials and devices.
- (2021) Controlled Sample Environment for Studying Solid-Gas Interactions by in situ Powder X-ray Diffraction. Journal of Applied Crystallography. vol. 54.
- (2021) Exfoliation of carboxymethylcellulose-intercalated layered double hydroxide in water. Applied Clay Science. vol. 205.
- (2020) Clay nanolayer encapsulation, evolving from origins of life to future technologies. The European Physical Journal Special Topics. vol. 229.
- (2020) CO2 Capture by Nickel Hydroxide Interstratified in the Nanolayered Space of a Synthetic Clay Mineral. Journal of Physical Chemistry C. vol. 124 (48).
- (2020) Physicochemical characterisation of fluorohectorite: Water dynamics and nanocarrier properties. Microporous and Mesoporous Materials. vol. 306.
- (2020) Spontaneous formation of an ordered interstratification upon Ni-exchange of Na-fluorohectorite. Applied Clay Science. vol. 198.
- (2020) The Impact of Thermal History on Water Adsorption in a Synthetic Nanolayered Silicate with Intercalated Li+ or Na+. Journal of Physical Chemistry C. vol. 124 (45).
- (2020) Unmodified Clay Nanosheets at the Air-Water Interface. Langmuir. vol. 37 (1).
- (2020) Photonic composite materials from cellulose nanorods and clay nanolayers. The European Physical Journal Special Topics. vol. 229.
- (2019) Active structuring of colloids through field-driven self-assembly. Current Opinion in Colloid & Interface Science. vol. 40.
- (2019) Water vapor diffusive transport in a smectite clay: Cationic control of normal versus anomalous diffusion. Physical review. E. vol. 99 (1).
- (2018) A nano-silicate material with exceptional capacity for CO2 capture and storage at room temperature. Scientific Reports. vol. 8 (1).
- (2018) The pH influence on the intercalation of the bioactive agent ciprofloxacin in fluorohectorite. Applied Clay Science. vol. 166.
- (2018) Sample cell for studying liquid interfaces with an in situ electric field using X-ray reflectivity and application to clay particles at oil-oil interfaces. Journal of Synchrotron Radiation. vol. 25.
- (2017) Ciprofloxacin intercalated in fluorohectorite clay: Identical pure drug activity and toxicity with higher adsorption and controlled release rate. RSC Advances. vol. 7 (43).
- (2017) Mechanics of pickering drops probed by electric field-induced stress. Materials. vol. 10 (4).