Frank Ove Westad
Background and activities
- TTK4260 - Multivariate analysis and Machine learning methods
- TK8117 - Multivariate Data Analysis - Advanced Topics
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Automated Log Data Analytics Workflow – The Value of Data Access and Management to Reduced Turnaround Time for Log Analysis. Petrophysics. vol. 63 (1).
- (2022) Automated Well-Log Depth Matching – 1D Convolutional Neural Networks Vs. Classic Cross Correlation. Petrophysics. vol. 63 (1).
- (2021) A retrospective look at cross model validation and its applicability in vibrational spectroscopy. Spectrochimica Acta Part A - Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy. vol. 255.
- (2020) Exploratory analysis of hyperspectral FTIR data obtained from environmental microplastics samples. Analytical Methods. vol. 12 (6).
- (2020) The best of two worlds. NIR news. vol. 31.
- (2019) Probeless non-invasive near-infrared spectroscopic bioprocess monitoring using microspectrometer technology. Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry.
- (2018) Classification in hyperspectral images by independent component analysis, segmented cross-validation and uncertainty estimates. Journal of Spectral Imaging. vol. 7 (a4).
- (2017) Integrated environmental monitoring and multivariate data analysis—A case study. Integrated Environmental Assessment and Management. vol. 13 (2).
- (2010) Development of satiating and palatable high-protein meat products by using experimental design in food technology. Food & Nutrition Research. vol. 54.
- (2009) Colour of ground beef as influenced by raw materials, addition of sodium chloride and low oxygen packaging. Meat Science. vol. 81 (3).
- (2006) Rapid control of smoked Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) quality by electronic nose: Correlation with classical evaluation methods. Sensors and actuators. B, Chemical. vol. 116.
- (2006) Generalized correlation loadings: Extending correlation loadings to congruence and to multi-way models. Chemometrics and Intelligent Laboratory Systems. vol. 84.
- (2005) Prediction of microbial and sensory quality of cold smoked Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) by electronic nose. Journal of Food Science. vol. 70 (9).
- (2005) Independent component analysis and regression applied on sensory data. Journal of Chemometrics. vol. 19 (3).
- (2004) In-line analysis of ground beef using a diode array NIR instrument on a conveyer belt. Journal of Near Infrared Spectroscopy. vol. 12.
- (2004) Strategies for consumer segmentation with appications on preference data. Food Quality and Preference. vol. 15 (07.aug).
- (2004) Removal of conveyor belt near infrared signals in in-line monitoring of proximal ground beef composition. Journal of Near Infrared Spectroscopy. vol. 12.
- (2003) Variable selection in PCA in sensory descriptive and consumer data. Food Quality and Preference. vol. 14 (5-6).
- (2002) Combining bilinear modelling and ridge regression. Journal of Chemometrics. vol. 16.
- (2001) Analysis of designed experiments by stabilised PLS Regression and jack-knifing. Chemometrics and Intelligent Laboratory Systems. vol. 58 (2).