Background and activities
Public Economics, Health Economics, Regional Economics
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) High volumes of recent surgical admissions, time to surgery, and 60-day mortality. The Bone & Joint Journal.
- (2020) Mobility and urban quality of life: a comparison of the hedonic pricing and subjective well-being methods. Regional studies.
- (2020) Hospitals' Discharge Tendency and Risk of Death - An Analysis of 60,000 Norwegian Hip Fracture Patients. Clinical Epidemiology. vol. 12.
- (2019) The effect of emergency department delays on 30-days mortality in Central Norway. European journal of emergency medicine. vol. 26.
- (2017) Socioeconomic status and children’s need for hospital services. Implications for need-based resource allocation models. Nordic Journal of Health Economics.
- (2017) Employees' drug purchases before and after organizational downsizing: a natural experiment on the Norwegian working population (2004-2012). Scandinavian Journal of Work, Environment and Health. vol. 43 (4).
- (2016) Education, experience, and urban wage premium. Regional Science and Urban Economics. vol. 60.
- (2015) The relationship between educational attainment and waiting time among the elderly in Norway. Health Policy. vol. 119 (11).
- (2014) Prisnivåforskjeller mellom regioner. Økonomiske analyser.
- (2014) Fordeling av midler til kommunal medfinansiering av spesialisthelsetjenestene. Samfunnsøkonomen. vol. 128 (9).
- (2014) Waiting times and socioeconomic status: Evidence from Norway. Health Economics. vol. 23 (1).
- (2013) Changes in fetal and neonatal mortality during 40 years by offspring sex: a national registry-based study in Norway. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth. vol. 13.
- (2013) Maternal education and risk of offspring death; changing patterns from 16 weeks of gestation until one year after birth. European Journal of Public Health. vol. 24 (1).
- (2012) Effects of Regional Labour Markets on Migration Flows, by Education Level. Labour.
- (2011) Physician response to fee changes: using inheritance as a quasi-natural experiment. Applied Economics. vol. 43 (15).
- (2010) Norwegian priority guidelines: Estimating the distributional implications across age, gender and SES. Health Policy. vol. 95 (2-3).
- (2009) Befolkningens tilfredshet med helsetjenesten og legers tilfredshet med arbeidssituasjonen. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. vol. 129 (5).
- (2009) Using survey data to study capitalization of local public services. Regional Science and Urban Economics. vol. 39 (6).
- (2009) Services production and patient satisfaction in primary care. Health Policy. vol. 89 (3).
- (2008) Inntektssystem for helseregionene somatiske spesialisthelsetjenester. Samfunnsøkonomen. vol. 62 (3).