Background and activities
I work as an associate professor in English didactics at the Department for Teacher Education (ILU) at NTNU, and I do research on student teachers' digital competence development in teacher education. I am also the coordinator for the Kompetanse for Kvalitet (KfK) English 1 and English 2 Take Credit programme, course instructor and instructional designer of two online courses in English didactics (Take Credit, ENG6024 - Literature and culture in the classroom and ENG6014 - Writing in the classroom). In addition, I am the course coordinator and instructor of the Master's course EDU3084 - Digital competence which is arranged for Master's students in social sciences and foreign language didactics, and which I co-teach with Gunnar Grut. I also teach a PhD course in literature reviews with Rune Krumsvik at the University of Bergen (read more here: https://www.facebook.com/Phd-kurs-503921176474052/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf).
I am the leader of the research group New Technologies and Educational Design - NTED, together with Mari-Ann Letnes. I am always looking to collaborate with PhD students, MA students and fellow researchers on projects related to digital technologies in education.
- Professional digital competence development
- Digital literacy
- English didactics
- ICT in the school and higher education
- Teacher education
- Student teachers
- Educational technology
- Flipped classroom
- Learning Analytics
- Literature reviews, systematic reviews, and meta-analysis
- DigGiLU (Norwegian Agency for Digital Learning in Higher Education/Ministry of Education and Research funding)
- Language, Integration, Media - LIM (NFR/FINNUT funding)
- OPVET (Erasmus+ funding)
- New Technologies and Educational Design - NTED (NTNU)
- Digital Learning Communities - DLC (University of Bergen)
- Media Literacy and Education - MEDLiE (NTNU)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Digital storytelling in teacher education: A meaningful way of integrating ICT in ESL teaching. Acta Didactica Norge - tidsskrift for fagdidaktisk forsknings- og utviklingsarbeid i Norge. vol. 10 (2).
- (2016) Prepared to teach ESL with ICT? A study of digital competence in Norwegian teacher education. Computers and education. vol. 97.
- (2014) Development of student teachers' digital competence in teacher education : a literature review. Nordic Journal of Digital Literacy. vol. 2014 (4).
- (2010) Vurderingskriterier for muntlig samhandling. Språk og språkundervisning. vol. 3.
Part of book/report
- (2018) Digital kompetanse i lærerutdanning og i høyere utdanning. Mediepedagogikk og mediekompetanse. Danning og læring i en ny mediekultur.
- (2016) Learning Analytics i skole og høyere utdanning. Digital læring i skole og lærerutdanning.
- (2016) Litteraturreview i ph.d.-avhandlingen. En doktorgradsutdanning i endring. Et fokus på den artikkelbaserte ph.d.-avhandlingen.
- (2016) Lærerstudenters digitale kompetanseutvikling i lærerutdanningen: Hva sier forskningslitteraturen?. Digital læring i skole og lærerutdanning.
- (2016) Preparing future teachers to teach with ICT: An investigation of digital competence development in ESL student teachers in a Norwegian teacher education program. 2016. ISBN 978-82-326-1676-3.
- (2011) Being Critical in a Digital Landscape. 2011.
- Subject didactics
- Teaching of english as second language
- ICT in teaching and learning
- Research on ICT
- Qualitative data analysis
- Qualitative research
- ICT and language learning
- ICT and learning
- Digital divide
- Digital Bildung
- Digital/ICT Literacy
- Digital Storytelling
- Digital tools
- Digital media
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language
- Key Skills in Englsih