Background and activities
· Very good knowledge of biodiversity, taxonomy and ecology of northern European beetles (Coleoptera), bugs (Hemiptera) and wasps (Hymenoptera: particularly Aculeata, Proctotrupoidea and Diaprioidea).
· Good knowledge of taxonomy and ecology of European, Australian and Neotropical beetles (Coleoptera) true bugs (Heteroptera) and wasps (Hymenoptera, Aculeata)
· Long experience with assessments and classification of threats and endangered species for Red Data Lists
· Monitoring and mapping of biological diversity
· Alien species
· Nature types
· International and national experience in experimental research on several aspects of entomology.
· Broad experience with applied research projects for nature management, private and public employers.
· Several national and international collaboration partners
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Alien species in Norway: results from quantitative ecological impact assessments. Ecological Solutions and Evidence. vol. 1 (1).
- (2020) The genus Cosmophorus Ratzeburg, 1848 (Hymenoptera, Braconidae, Euphorinae) in Norway. Norwegian Journal of Entomology. vol. 67 (1).
- (2020) Galerucella (Neogalerucella) anserina Ødegaard & Hanssen, sp. nov., a new species of Chrysomelidae (Coleoptera, Chrysomelidae, Galerucinae) from Norway. Zootaxa. vol. 4755 (2).
- (2019) Alien plants, animals, fungi and algae in Norway: an inventory of neobiota. Biological Invasions. vol. 21 (10).
- (2019) Saproxylic beetles in tropical and temperate forests ? A standardized comparison of vertical stratification patterns. Forest Ecology and Management. vol. 444.
- (2019) The arctic and alpine bumblebees of the subgenus Alpinobombus revised from integrative assessment of species' gene coalescents and morphology (Hymenoptera, Apidae, Bombus). Zootaxa. vol. 4625 (1).
- (2018) Review of the Palaearctic species of Ismaridae Thomson, 1858 (Hymenoptera: Diaprioidea). European Journal of Taxonomy. vol. 417.
- (2018) On the distribution of the rare solitary bee Coelioxys lanceolata Nylander, 1852 (Hymenoptera, Megachilidae) in Norway. Norwegian Journal of Entomology. vol. 65.
- (2018) Cypha norvegica n. sp. (Coleoptera, Staphylinidae) described from Norway. Zootaxa. vol. 4388 (2).
- (2017) The interplay of climate and land use change affects the distribution of EU bumblebees. Global Change Biology. vol. 24 (1).
- (2016) Records of bilateral gynandromorphism in three species of ants (Hymenoptera, Formicidae) in Norway. Norwegian Journal of Entomology. vol. 63 (1).
- (2016) Banning paraphylies and executing Linnaean taxonomy is discordant and reduces the evolutionary and semantic information content of biological nomenclature. Insectes Sociaux. vol. 63 (2).
- (2016) New records of parasitic Hymenoptera associated with ants, including four new species to Norway. Norwegian Journal of Entomology. vol. 63 (2).
- (2015) Arthropod distribution in a tropical rainforest: Tackling a four dimensional puzzle. PLOS ONE. vol. 10 (12).
- (2015) Forward to the north: two Euro-Mediterranean bumblebee species now cross the Arctic Circle. Annales de la Société Entomologique de France.
- (2015) An illustrated key to the cuckoo wasps (Hymenoptera, Chrysididae) of the Nordic and Baltic countries, with description of a new species. ZooKeys. vol. 2015 (548).
- (2015) Genes suggest ancestral colour polymorphisms are shared across morphologically cryptic species in arctic bumblebees. PLOS ONE. vol. 10:e0144544 (12).
- (2015) Towards a new era for the knowledge of ants (Hymenoptera, Formicidae) in Norway? Nine species new to the country. Norwegian Journal of Entomology. vol. 62 (1).
- (2014) The terrestrial and freshwater invertebrate biodiversity of the archipelagoes of the Barents Sea, Svalbard, Franz Josef Land and Novaya Zemlya. Soil Biology and Biochemistry. vol. 68.
- (2014) Faunistic review of the cuckoo wasps of Fennoscandia, Denmark and the Baltic countries (Hymenoptera: Chrysididae). Zootaxa. vol. 3864 (1).