Background and activities
Fields of interests and present research activities
- Low temperature fuel cells and water electrolysis
- Bipolar plates
- Oxygen evolution in aqueous electrowinning (Cu, Zn) and water electrolysis
- Anode processes in low temperature fuel cells (hydrogen, CO, methanol, ethanol, formic acid)
- TMT4106 General Chemistry (spring 2020)
- TMT4285 Hydrogen, Solar Cells, Batteries and Fuel Cells (spring 2019)
- TMT4110 General Chemistry (spring 2017, 2018)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2021) NiCu mixed metal oxide catalyst for alkaline hydrogen evolution in anion exchange membrane water electrolysis. Electrochimica Acta. vol. 371:137837.
- (2021) On the electrocatalytic symbiotic synergism between Pt, Ni and Al in plasma vapour deposited PtxNiyAlz thin metal films for water electrolysis. Journal of Power Sources.
- (2020) Thermal Gradients with Sintered Solid State Electrolytes in Lithium-Ion Batteries. Energies. vol. 13 (1).
- (2020) A micro fuel cell for abiotical catalysis of glucose. Journal of Power Sources. vol. 478.
- (2020) Ni/NiO nanosheets for alkaline hydrogen evolution reaction: In situ electrochemical-Raman study. Electrochimica Acta. vol. 361.
- (2020) Effect of anion exchange ionomer content on electrode performance in AEM water electrolysis. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy. vol. 45 (53).
- (2020) Electrodialytic Energy Storage System: Permselectivity, Stack Measurements and Life-Cycle Analysis. Energies. vol. 13 (5).
- (2020) An in situ XAS study of high surface-area IrO2 produced by the polymeric precursor synthesis. Physical Chemistry, Chemical Physics - PCCP. vol. 22.
- (2020) Synthesis of CO‐tolerant Ni‐Pt Rhombic Dodecahedra Bimetallic Electrocatalytic Nanoparticles. Chemistry of Nanomaterials for Energy, Biology and More (ChemNanoMat). vol. 6 (8).
- (2019) Systematic Study on TiO2 Crystallization via Hydrothermal Synthesis in the Presence of Different Ferrite Nanoparticles as Nucleation Seeds. Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. vol. 19 (8).
- (2019) The influence of argon, air and hydrogen gas on thermal conductivity of gas diffusion layers and temperature gradients in PEMFCs. ECS Transactions. vol. 92 (8).
- (2019) Measuring the thermal conductivity of membrane and porous transport layer in proton and anion exchange membrane water electrolyzers for temperature distribution modeling. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy. vol. 45 (2).
- (2019) The performance of nickel and nickel-iron catalysts evaluated as anodes in anion exchange membrane water electrolysis. Catalysts. vol. 9 (10).
- (2019) Raney-platinum thin film electrodes for the catalysis of glucose in abiotically catalyzed micro-glucose fuel cells. Journal of Materials Science. vol. 54 (22).
- (2019) Optimized Nickel-Cobalt and Nickel-Iron Oxide Catalysts for the Hydrogen Evolution Reaction in Alkaline Water Electrolysis. Journal of the Electrochemical Society. vol. 166 (8).
- (2019) Dynamic electrochemical impedance study of methanol oxidation at Pt at elevated temperatures. Electrochimica Acta. vol. 295.
- (2019) Understanding reaction mechanisms using dynamic electrochemical impedance spectroscopy: Methanol oxidation on Pt. Electrochimica Acta. vol. 323.
- (2019) Heat to H2: Using Waste Heat for Hydrogen Production through Reverse Electrodialysis. Energies. vol. 12 (18).
- (2019) Measuring In Situ Interfacial Contact Resistance in a Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cell. Journal of the Electrochemical Society. vol. 166 (13).
- (2019) Strategies for the analysis of the elemental metal fraction of Ir and Ru oxides via XRD, XANES, and EXAFS. Physical Chemistry, Chemical Physics - PCCP. vol. 21 (23).
- (2019) The potential of zero total charge and electrocatalytic properties of Ru@Pt core-shell nanoparticles. Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry. vol. 833.
- (2019) The durability of the thermally decomposed IrO2-Ta2O5 coated titanium anode in a sulfate solution. Corrosion Science. vol. 150.
- (2018) The influence of graphitization on the thermal conductivity of catalyst layers and temperature gradients in proton exchange membrane fuel cells. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy.
- (2018) Thermal conductivity and compaction of GDL-MPL interfacial composite material. Journal of the Electrochemical Society. vol. 165 (7).
- (2018) The real area of nanoporous catalytic surfaces of gold and palladium in aqueous solutions. Journal of the Electrochemical Society. vol. 165 (5).
- (2018) Highly Active Nickel-Based Catalyst for Hydrogen Evolution in Anion Exchange Membrane Electrolysis. Catalysts. vol. 8 (12).
- (2018) Soldering a gas diffusion layer to a stainless steel bipolar plate using metallic tin. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy. vol. 43 (18).
- (2018) The oxygen evolution reaction mechanism at IrxRu1−xO2 powders produced by hydrolysis synthesis. Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry. vol. 819.
- (2018) Electrochemical Quartz Crystal Microbalance Investigation of Manganese Oxide Deposition in Sulfuric Acid Relevant for Zinc Electrowinning. ECS Transactions. vol. 85 (4).
- (2018) Long-term stability of screen-printed pseudo-reference electrodes for electrochemical biosensors. Electrochimica Acta. vol. 287.
- (2018) Sandblasting effect on performance and durability of Ti based IrO2 –Ta2O5 anode in acidic solutions. Electrochimica Acta. vol. 295.