Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Cyclic Arginine–Glycine–Aspartate-Decorated Lipid Nanoparticle Targeting toward Inflammatory Lesions Involves Hitchhiking with Phagocytes. Advanced Science. vol. 8 (13).
- (2020) Tumor Targeting by αvβ3-Integrin-Specific Lipid Nanoparticles Occurs via Phagocyte Hitchhiking. ACS Nano. vol. 14 (7).
- (2019) Loss of NRF-2 and PGC-1α genes leads to retinal pigment epithelium damage resembling dry age-related macular degeneration. Redox Biology. vol. 20.
- (2019) Exercise reveals proline dehydrogenase as a potential target in heart failure. Progress in cardiovascular diseases. vol. 62 (2).
- (2019) GREM1 is associated with metastasis and predicts poor prognosis in ER-negative breast cancer patients. Cell Communication and Signaling. vol. 17.
- (2019) Autocrine activin A signalling in ovarian cancer cells regulates secretion of interleukin 6, autophagy, and cachexia. Journal of Cachexia, Sarcopenia and Muscle.
- (2019) A Novel Truncated Form of Nephronectin Is Present in Small Extracellular Vesicles Isolated from 66cl4 Cells. Journal of Proteome Research. vol. 18 (3).
- (2017) N-3 PUFAs induce inflammatory tolerance by formation of KEAP1-containing SQSTM1/p62- bodies and activation of NFE2L2. Autophagy. vol. 13 (10).
- (2017) N-3 PUFAs induce inflammatory tolerance by formation of KEAP1-containing SQSTM1/p62-bodies and activation of NFE2L2. Autophagy. vol. 13 (10).
- (2017) Cancer cachexia associates with a systemic autophagy-inducing activity mimicked by cancer cell-derived IL-6 trans-signaling. Scientific Reports. vol. 7 (1).
- (2017) Gastrin activates autophagy and increases migration and survival of gastric adenocarcinoma cells. BMC Cancer. vol. 17:68.
- (2017) Depletion of the human N-terminal acetyltransferase hNaa30 disrupts Golgi integrity and ARFRP1 localization. Bioscience Reports. vol. 37:BSR20170066 (2).
- (2016) Hydroxychloroquine potentiates carfilzomib toxicity towards myeloma cells. OncoTarget. vol. 7 (43).
- (2016) Treatment with aromatase inhibitors stimulates the expression of epidermal growth factor receptor-1 and neuregulin 1 in ER positive/HER-2/neu non-amplified primary breast cancers. Journal of Steroid Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. vol. 165.
- (2016) DHA-induced stress response in human colon cancer cells - Focus on oxidative stress and autophagy. Free Radical Biology & Medicine. vol. 90.
- (2016) Intracellular glutathione determines bortezomib cytotoxicity in multiple myeloma cells. Blood Cancer Journal.
- (2015) Regulator of chromosome condensation 2 identifies high-risk patients within both major phenotypes of colorectal cancer. Clinical Cancer Research. vol. 21 (16).
- (2015) MRI Reveals the in Vivo Cellular and Vascular Response to BEZ235 in Ovarian Cancer Xenografts with Different PI3-Kinase Pathway Activity. British Journal of Cancer. vol. 112 (3).
- (2015) The marine n-3 PUFA DHA evokes cytoprotection against oxidative stress and protein misfolding by inducing autophagy and NFE2L2 in human retinal pigment epithelial cells. Autophagy. vol. 11 (9).
- (2015) Chloroquine potentiates Carfilzomib but not Bortezomib effects on myeloma cells. Cancer Research.