Background and activities
Giampiero Salvi is Professor at the Department of Electronic Systems. He is a member of the Signal Processing Group. He is also an Associate Professor with KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Sweden. Professor Salvi has an M.Sc. in Electronic Engineering from La Sapienza University in Rome, Italy, and a PhD in Computer Science from KTH Royal Institue of Technology in Sweden.
- Machine Learning
- Speech Technology
- Cognitive Systems
- TFE4590 - Electronic Systems Design, Specialization Project
- TT8108 - PhD Seminar in Signal Processing
- TT8111 - Signal and Estimation Theory
- TTT4185 - Machine Learning for Signal Processing
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Semantically Meaningful Metrics for Norwegian ASR Systems. Interspeech (USB).
- (2022) Comparative analysis of explainable machine learning prediction models for hospital mortality. BMC Medical Research Methodology. vol. 22 (1).
- (2021) STEP-GAN: A One-Class Anomaly Detection Model with Applications to Power System Security. Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing.
- (2021) Acoustic-to-Articulatory Mapping With Joint Optimization of Deep Speech Enhancement and Articulatory Inversion Models. IEEE/ACM Transactions on Audio, Speech, and Language Processing (TASLP). vol. 30.
- (2021) A DNN Based Speech Enhancement Approach to Noise Robust Acoustic-to-Articulatory Inversion. Proceedings 2021 IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems.
- (2021) Spatial Bias in Vision-Based Voice Activity Detection. International Conference on Pattern Recognition ; 2021-01-10 - 2021-01-15.
- (2021) Spatial Bias in Vision-Based Voice Activity Detection. International Conference on Pattern Recognition.
- (2020) Transfer learning of articulatory information through phone information. Interspeech (USB).
- (2020) Sequence-to-sequence articulatory inversion through time convolution of sub-band frequency signals. Interspeech (USB).
- (2019) Beyond the Self: Using Grounded Affordances to Interpret and Describe Others' Actions. IEEE Transactions on Cognitive and Developmental Systems. vol. 12 (2).
- (2019) Effect of vowel context in cepstral and entropy analysis of pathological voices. Biomedical Signal Processing and Control. vol. 47.
- (2019) Self-Supervised Vision-Based Detection of the Active Speaker as Support for Socially-Aware Language Acquisition. IEEE Transactions on Cognitive and Developmental Systems. vol. 12 (2).
- (2019) Modeling of Human Visual Attention in Multiparty Open-World Dialogues. ACM Transactions on Human-Robot Interaction. vol. 8 (2).
- (2015) Acoustic and perceptual evaluation of category goodness of /t/ and /k/ in typical and misarticulated children's speech. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America. vol. 137 (6).
- (2013) On mispronunciation analysis of individual foreign speakers using auditory periphery models. Speech Communication. vol. 55 (5).
- (2013) Semi-supervised methods for exploring the acoustics of simple productive feedback. Speech Communication. vol. 55 (3).
- (2012) Language bootstrapping: Learning Word Meanings From Perception-Action Association. IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics. vol. 42 (3).
- (2009) SynFace-Speech-Driven Facial Animation for Virtual Speech-Reading Support. EURASIP Journal on Audio, Speech, and Music Processing. vol. 2009.
- (2006) Dynamic behaviour of connectionist speech recognition with strong latency constraints. Speech Communication. vol. 48 (7).
- (2006) Segment boundary detection via class entropy measurements in connectionist phoneme recognition. Speech Communication. vol. 48 (12).
- (2004) Intelligibility of an ASR-controlled synthetic talking face. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America. vol. 115 (5).