Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Sufficient Conditions for Robust Frequency Stability of AC Power Systems. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems.
- (2019) Optimal Shaping of the MMC Circulating Currents for Preventing AC-Side Power Oscillations from Propagating into HVdc Grids. IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics. vol. 7 (2).
- (2019) PI Passivity-Based Control and Performance Analysis of MMC Multiterminal HVDC Systems. IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics. vol. 7 (4).
- (2019) Dynamics and Stability of Meshed Multiterminal HVDC Networks. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems. vol. 34 (3).
- (2018) Generalized voltage-based state-space modeling of modular multilevel converters with constant equilibrium in steady state. IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics. vol. 6 (2).
- (2017) Energy-based state-space representation of modular multilevel converters with a constant equilibrium point in steady-state operation. IEEE transactions on power electronics. vol. 33 (6).
- (2017) Control of HVDC systems based on diode rectifier for offshore wind farm applications. Energy Procedia. vol. 137.
- (2017) Improving small-signal stability of an MMC with CCSC by control of the internally stored energy. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery. vol. 33 (1).
- (2015) Global tracking passivity-based pi control of bilinear systems and its application to the boost and modular multilevel converters. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 48 (11).
- (2014) A generalized power control approach in ABC frame for modular multilevel converter HVDC links based on mathematical optimization. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery. vol. 29 (1).
- (2014) Conditions for existence of equilibria of systems with constant power loads. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I: Regular Papers. vol. 61 (7).
- (2013) An Energy-Based Controller for HVDC Modular Multilevel Converter in Decoupled Double Synchronous Reference Frame for Voltage Oscillation Reduction. IEEE transactions on industrial electronics (1982. Print). vol. 60 (6).
Part of book/report
- (2019) Particle Swarm Optimization Tuning of Modular Multilevel Converters in a Time-Invariant Framework. The 13th IEEE Interantional Conference on Power Electronics and Drive Systems - PEDS 2019.
- (2018) Analysis of MMC Dynamics in DQZ Coordinates for Vertical and Horizontal Energy Balancing Control. 44th Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IECON2018).
- (2018) Lessons learnt from the BEST PATHS project for the integration of offshore wind power plants using multi-terminal HVDC grids. CIGRE, Session Proceedings 2018.
- (2017) Small-signal model analysis of droop-controlled modular multilevel converters with circulating current suppressing controller. 13th IET International Conference on AC and DC Power Transmission - ACDC 2017.
- (2017) Open access simulation toolbox for the grid connection of offshore wind farms using multi-terminal HVDC networks. 13th IET International Conference on AC and DC Power Transmission - ACDC 2017.
- (2017) Port Hamiltonian Modelling of Modular Multilevel Converters with Fixed Equilibrium Point. 2017 Twelfth International Conference on Ecological Vehicles and Renewable Energies (EVER).
- (2017) PI Passivity-based Control of Modular Multilevel Converters for Multi-Terminal HVDC Systems. 2017 IEEE 18th Workshop on Control and Modeling for Power Electronics - COMPEL.
- (2017) Avoiding AC/DC grid interaction in MMC based MTDC Systems. 2017 Twelfth International Conference on Ecological Vehicles and Renewable Energies (EVER).