Background and activities
Girts is originally from Latvia, started working in Norway in 2012, campus Ålesund. His industrial and research activities have evolved around software development for various applications and in miscelaneous environments: from Firebird databases and responsive web sites to low-level C programming for embedded devices. His PhD thesis in Computer Science is on Software Design Rules for Wireless Sensor Networks.
His current research focuses on creating Visualizations and Virtual Reality environments for applications to training and education, particularly in the maritime field.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Data Version Control for Relational Databases: Small and Start-up Business Perspective. Baltic Journal of Modern Computing. vol. 4 (4).
- (2016) Data integration and visualisation for demanding marine operations. OCEANS 2016 Shanghai - MTS/IEEE.
- (2015) Open Security And Privacy Challenges for the Internet of Things. Proceedings of 10th International Conference on Information, Communications and Signal Processing (ICICS 2015).
- (2014) Towards Tactile Alarms Systems for Increased Awareness in Smart Environments. SMART 2014 - The Third International Conference on Smart Systems, Devices and Technologies.
- (2013) Kinect-based systems for maritime operation simulators?. Proceedings 27th European Conference on Modelling and Simulation ECMS 2013, May 27th - May 30th, 2013, Ålesund, Norway.