Giuseppe Claudio Guarnera
Background and activities
I am a Senior Researcher at NTNU, where I lead the project "Spectraskin" - Spectral Skin Modelling and Rendering for Realistic Digital Faces, a young research talents project funded by the Research Council of Norway.
I received my Ph.D. degree in computer science from the University of Catania (Italy), with a doctoral dissertation in computer vision and pattern recognition. I began my research in computer graphics while at the USC Institute for Creative Technologies (US).
My research interests nterests include computer vision, computer graphics and applications of visual perception in computer graphics.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Perceptually Validated Cross-Renderer Analytical BRDF Parameter Remapping. IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics.
- (2018) Turning a Digital Camera into an Absolute 2D Tele‐Colorimeter. Computer graphics forum (Print). vol. 38 (1).
- (2018) Visual sensitivity to material differences. Journal of Vision. vol. 18.
- (2017) Woven Fabric Model Creation from a Single Image. ACM Transactions on Graphics. vol. 36 (5).
- (2018) Virtual Material Acquisition and Representation for Computer Graphics. Morgan & Claypool Publishers. 2018. ISBN 9781681731469.
Part of book/report
- (2019) Practical measurement and modeling of spectral skin reflectance. SIGGRAPH '19 Special Interest Group on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques Conference; Los Angeles, CA, USA — July 28 - August 01, 2019.
- (2019) BxDF Material Acquisition, Representation, and Rendering for VR and Design. SIGGRAPH Asia 2019, ACM Special Interest Group on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques Conference; Brisbane, Australia, 17-20 November 2019.
- (2018) Perceptually validated analytical BRDFs parameters remapping. ACM SIGGRAPH 2018 Talks.
- (2018) DIY absolute tele-colorimeter using a camera-projector system. ACM SIGGRAPH 2018 Talks.
- (2017) Material Capture and Representation with Applications in Virtual Reality. SIGGRAPH '17 Special Interest Group on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques Conference; Los Angeles, CA, USA — July 30 - August 03, 2017.
- (2016) Capturing and representing brdfs for virtual reality. SIGGRAPH ASIA 2016 . ACM; Macau. 2016-12-05 - 2016-12-08.